Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Misha GT2M Wing for C4S

Yas.SYC4S

Silverstone
Does anyone have this wing installed on their C4S? Need help to aid my project I am working on. Would be grateful if anyone could help me out...

Nice wing your putting on mate , :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• 996_c4s_gt2m_black_1_145.jpg
    996_c4s_gt2m_black_1_145.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 4,274
Thanks guys. I am not looking to put a Misha wing on my C4S. I need to look at the fitment of one as I am designing my own wing. Anyone that has one please contact me... couple of beers in it for you :thumbs:

You have to keep us posted on how your design if working out , sounds really interesting :thumb: :thumb:

I have a gt2 style wing on my 4s, not misha though i don't think. if any use you are welcome to view, based near nottingham

Thanks Phil, I will update you all once I have developed my prototype :thumbs:

L8ydg - Thats brilliant, as long as it bolts on to the existing retractable spoiler mounts thats what I am interested in. I am based in London, so might have to organise a trip up to Notts.

it was a full replacement engine lid type using existing brackets/hinges if thats what you mean? the electric spoiler bits are all removed with the poem lid/spoiler.

Not sure if you need a 4s spoiler mind as i purchased this off a forum member here and it was on his carrera 2 before, so the narrow body and wide body both have the same engine lid

If its a full engine lid replacement then thats not the Misha wing and unfortunately won't help with my project. Appreciate the offer and help.
Yes I think the Misha wings can be used on both NB & WB 996s.

it might be the convertible factory aerokit rear wing that you're more interested in i.e. that's a replacement for the raising section, rather than a full engine decklid from what I understand

I think Misha do a full decklid replacement as well as the "insert" option

......I remember considering shaving the topdeck and struts off a GT3 style insert, with the intention of being left with a "mini-ducktail"
- in the end I got hold of a full replica GT3 RS engine cover and reshaped that (as it was missing the top plane spoiler in any case).... took a lot of body work to get right, but the end result is as far as I know unique(!) : )

demon said:
it might be the convertible factory aerokit rear wing that you're more interested in i.e. that's a replacement for the raising section, rather than a full engine decklid from what I understand

I think Misha do a full decklid replacement as well as the "insert" option

......I remember considering shaving the topdeck and struts off a GT3 style insert, with the intention of being left with a "mini-ducktail"
- in the end I got hold of a full replica GT3 RS engine cover and reshaped that (as it was missing the top plane spoiler in any case).... took a lot of body work to get right, but the end result is as far as I know unique(!) : )

Thanks for the info. Correct, any wing like the aerokit design that inserts into a stock decklid would help with my project.
Sounds like a great project, any pictures of your custom wing?

hopefully this works....

(still yet to set up my "Photobucket now sucks" alternative hosting site of choice)

2e4jneb.jpg

vov2uh.jpg

@demon - thats a seriously good looking wing! Do you have a write-up/howto guide for it?
@Yas.SYC4S - check out the "Flying Ducktail" as it might do the mechanics youre after? https://flyingducktail.com/

(I'm actually looking to get one, when the ££ stacks up right)

coullstar said:
Ive been thinking along the same lines recently. So what lid exactly did you use?

996 GT3 RS rear wing, great work demon

Found the original pic if you want me to post it up for you :thumb:

:worship:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back