Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Water pump help needed !!

bobi61

Silverstone
Hi All I have just changed water pump on my 2006 997 C2S,,,,all went ok but I am having real problems getting coolant back into car,,,i have heater on Hi but the red warning lamp is on the water gauge !! ,,I have left the pressure "tab" up just behind filler cap , I thought that would bleed the system ???

Proper fed up !!!

Get the back end of the car up in the air as high as you can and run it under close supervision for a short while with the coolant lid removed adding coolant as required.

You can also take the car for a short spin, get the water circulating properly and then keep topping up. Take care everytime you remove the cap and don't let any pressure in the system pump it all back out the filler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back