Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Talking up our 996's - The Positive Media posting thread

Its a good read.

Whilst I havent bought mine as an investment (otherwise I wouldnt have gone convertible) its nice to think I might not lose my shirt if I ever have to sell in the future (sadly am already convinced I will keep mine for life).....

Being a new 996 owner, that's a great read. Thanks for sharing👍

I have that article in the mag... I was very excited when it dropped on the mat!

Its a shame though that they did not feature a better example as that one was evidently a bit out of sorts.

The editor had one as his long term test car in Octane too- sadly he moved on, as his monthly column on it was excellent.

It is a good read .......... as were the very similar features written 5 years ago when loads of early 996s were available for under £10k and the current £16k cars could be picked up for £12k.

At about the same time several mags ran features on 996 Turbos being available for £20k. :D

I wonder what £££'s they'll all be 'great value' at in 2021. :?:

...my view would be that this government's persistence with a demonstrably ineffectual but punishing austerity ideology coupled with the uncertainty vis a vis Brexit will slow value growth for stock models; there will always be buyers for GT2s/GT3s and other rarer 996s...thus their values are quite likely to rise more aggressively...

But given that I know nothing about nothing...

I confess that sometimes when I reflect on the car and the amount spent on it I am inclined towards a view that it is over valued...and then I drive it!

King, who doesn't want ragtop 911 in summer. There's a stunning one on here that's gone though a professional resto, As are all current owners really in there on way, from manifolds to rust removal. Being put right and sorted out.
Toddy and Robert, cheers, great garages guys. Being 30's have watched a few decades of great Pork talked down, SC, 964, 993, 968 for various problems and opinions. For the market to have final say, there issues becoming revired badges of honour.
T8, couldnt agree more, As it's svielt lines appear more classic by the day and with the money and time being spent to bring up condition. And chunks of market being tucked away off market in folks garages. Dreamers thinking prices will some how go the other way, probably should put the crack pipe down.
GMG, what?? This that remoaner nonsense. Let's see, talking government down, tick. Talking your Countries prospects down on a 911 site, tick. As an owner talking down the very car you have bought, on a owners talking up tread, double tick. Talking down you're own purchasing decisions, tick. Not listening to own advice. Priceless. Non-Porsche owners, get one and join the party 🎉

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back