Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

4 GTS @ Paragon

Its difficult to comment on a car without measuring against the asking price IMO.
It's a great colour with nice mileage and if it has to be a PDK GTS then what's not to like?
However, £75k gets you - As Paragon state - an 'Iconic Turbo' so price will always have a bearing on everything really.

It's a cracker except being well overpriced, looks mint, mine went through Paragon last year and was mint, they seem to prepare their cars well.

However looking at this with much lower miles and from OPC it's too much.

People seem to be cashing in at mo on 997 GTS? There were virtually none for sale this time last year, there are NINE 997 GTS 4 for sale at OPC,s at the moment.

http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-customer/ipl/results/list.ipl?cid=1#

The 997GTS4 is a great car and that's a lovely example but for that money it should be.

If it's for you I'd have thought a 991C4S would be a better bet. :dont know:

Lovely car but £13k too much

d8ean said:
any thoughts / tips on this APART FROM THE PRICE... TIA
Epic fail there from most respondents! :floor:

So I'll join in despite the OP specifically asking for thoughts other than price. OK, it may be a shade on the dear side, but certainly not by £13k as someone suggested!!

I've no experience of Paragon but have heard good things about them. They certainly seem to prep the cars well and with a full service, fresh MOT and 12 month warranty, there's plenty of worse places to buy from.

As for the car, I think it looks great (and grey is one of the rarer colours too)! It's not a bad spec, only really missing extended leather, PDLS, cruise and possibly the adaptive 18 way seats. And at the price though I'd want it to be low owners too. And not that it adds much value, but being a 2012 car it's one of the last too.

If you're in the market then it's got to be worth a closer inspection and a discussion. :thumb:

squelch said:
d8ean said:
any thoughts / tips on this APART FROM THE PRICE... TIA
Epic fail there from most respondents! :floor:

So I'll join in despite the OP specifically asking for thoughts other than price. OK, it may be a shade on the dear side, but certainly not by £13k as someone suggested!!

I've no experience of Paragon but have heard good things about them. They certainly seem to prep the cars well and with a full service, fresh MOT and 12 month warranty, there's plenty of worse places to buy from.

As for the car, I think it looks great (and grey is one of the rarer colours too)! It's not a bad spec, only really missing extended leather, PDLS, cruise and possibly the adaptive 18 way seats. And at the price though I'd want it to be low owners too. And not that it adds much value, but being a 2012 car it's one of the last too.

If you're in the market then it's got to be worth a closer inspection and a discussion. :thumb:

Not so sure when you can buy a better specced lower mileage car for 8k less from an OPC? The OPC aqua blue one looks stunning, as does the white one (of course :grin: )

I'd be straight down to Exeter for that blue one if I has my heart set on a GTS4. Only 4th one I've seen and something different from the Black and White (sorry SBSP) brigade.
When I skim read the ad I thought it said £78k hence £13k overpriced. I'll reduce that back to £10k :thumb:

spongebob squarepants said:
Not so sure when you can buy a better specced lower mileage car for 8k less from an OPC? The OPC aqua blue one looks stunning, as does the white one (of course :grin: )

Yes, lower mileage but "better specced"? I think not - the Aqua Blue one has been hanging around for a little while and I suspect it's due to the lack of Sports Chrono Plus, the non-CL wheels and the push-button non-sport PDK steering wheel. All subjective of course, but desirable options nonetheless (and just a shade over £7k cheaper not quite £8k). Spending far too much time on the Porsche site I've seen the white ones don't seem to have the same speed of turnaround either.

spongebob squarepants said:
It's a cracker except being well overpriced, looks mint, mine went through Paragon last year and was mint, they seem to prepare their cars well.

However looking at this with much lower miles and from OPC it's too much.

People seem to be cashing in at mo on 997 GTS? There were virtually none for sale this time last year, there are NINE 997 GTS 4 for sale at OPC,s at the moment.

http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-customer/ipl/results/list.ipl?cid=1#

Hexagon seem to be cornering the market, and are priced aspirationally...

Back to the car in question, looks great in that combo, love those centre-lock wheels.

Its funny how few have the alcantara interior. Was it a delete option?

I picked mine up recently (GTS 4 Cab) with slightly lower mileage and some 11k down on that asking price. Love the grey colour on that though!

Even then I was fully aware that the markup over a 4S is not really worth it if I was being objective. Only reason I stretched to a GTS is that this is my first Porsche and I've wanted one since I can remember!

Most (incl. mine) have the alcantara delete.

the price is nuts from this INDY

verses this

https://www.cameronsportscars.com/used-vehicle-details/Porsche-911-U602/
IMG_8118-medium.jpg

AND when it's up with 991 4S money such as

https://www.harbourcars.com/used-car-details/Porsche-911-U1777/

IMG_8490-medium.jpg

Attachments

• 2018_03_03_23_50_12_351.jpg
    2018_03_03_23_50_12_351.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 6,272
  • 2018_03_03_23_53_51_144.jpg
    2018_03_03_23_53_51_144.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 6,272
BIG issue with that car is Alcantara delete....it's one of the USP's for the GTS and having it deleted means it isn't a desirable spec.

IF that car had Alcantara it's a £70k car absolute tops....without Alcantara it should be closer to £65k than £70k.

The most popular GTS is with spec in order of importance.

Manual
2wd
Coupe
Alcantara
Leather Dash
Bose

If a car with that spec and the same miles as the Paragon car came up I'd say it's a £72k to £75k car. PDK with the rest of that spec it's a £70k car tops.

This car being 4wd and Alcantara Delete is a £65k to £67k IMHO.

The Paragon car has the CL wheels....you see some GTS's with the 5 stud wheels. Again they aren't popular.

Colour is a funny one...I like the Grey cars and wouldn't want White but white is very popular. I'd say 50% of GTS's are White or Black.

The 2wd GTS is more in demand because it's seen as the better drivers car and also the 2wd GTS is the only 2wd wide body 997 apart from the 997.2 GT3 RS. That said if it's a daily that will be used regardless of weather the 4wd is worth considering.

My GTS is a manual car with all of the above and a few more nice to have options. They don't come up very often and it's not for sale!

That 991 4S at harbour cars is a beauty! While the GTS is rarer, it's pretty hard to justify at the same price as the newer car.

Cheib said:
The 2wd GTS is more in demand because it's seen as the better drivers car and also the 2wd GTS is the only 2wd wide body 997 apart from the 997.2 GT3 RS.

Aren't the 997.1 GT3 RS and 997.2 GT3 also wide bodied 2wd cars :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back