Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

X97 shifter leather change

rob001

Silverstone
Got myself a well used red knob :eek:

Need to change the red leather to black but is it possible or has been done in Carbon and any recommendation by who?

Planning to do the the full middle console incl. lid in Alcantara with black leather shift boot and then if possible carbon X97 shifter.

Attachments

• x97_red_423.jpg
    x97_red_423.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 3,757
That will look great re-finished!

I would start with Linas of DesignLS - I am pretty confident he would be able to do it - does some lovely work and many forum members have now used his services.

http://www.designls.co.uk

Linus retrimmed mine recently in Alcantara.

Assuming it's a tricky job due to size / shape but it looks excellent.

plus 3 for linas he can also do carbon as well as leather and alcantara he will sort it and was where I was going to send one when I finally get my hands on one as I keep missing out on them :thumb: :thumb:

Have you considered just changing your seat belts to red which will lift the interior (assuming it's black) and tie in with the smart red Tequipment shifter?

If it comes apart easy, which I assume it probably would if it is machined aluminium, I would say it would be easy to remove the red leather and recover it yourself!

Thanks for all replies. Just sent an email to DesignLS to retrim exactly as per picture I borrowed from planet 9. I already have many parts in leather optioned except the console which looks cheap and to me this looks perfect.

@Phil, Sorry you missed out on this again. In case I change my mind I will let you know first.

Rob

Attachments

• console_383.jpg
    console_383.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 3,517
rob001 said:
Thanks for all replies. Just sent an email to DesignLS to retrim exactly as per picture I borrowed from planet 9. I already have many parts in leather optioned except the console which looks cheap and to me this looks perfect.

@Phil, Sorry you missed out on this again. In case I change my mind I will let you know first.

Rob

:grin: :grin: thanks Rob, do let me know if you change your mind mate , you will probably have to nudge Linas a couple of times His work is outstanding but his communication is well lets just say he needs to work on it lol. once your booked in and on his schedule then the comms are much better. have a look at his embossed armrests while your at it :thumb:

Oooh, an alcantara centre console and lid would be lovely! I like the contrast between that and the leather gear knob gaiter.

tom_nieto said:
Oooh, an alcantara centre console and lid would be lovely! I like the contrast between that and the leather gear knob gaiter.

sorely tempted by this as i love alcantara and hate the plasticky centre console, but can't help thinking only a centre console in alcantara with the rest leather would look odd?.

porscheaddicted said:
That knob looks fantastic. How much?

Like Phil said you are best getting the handbrake and knob together as a kit and the cheapest I found is direct from your local OPC, when I fitted mine I haggled OPC down to a little under £900 for the kit. I did ask for a price for just the knob which was quoted at £1200+vat which does not make sense at all.

Attachments

• image_86.jpeg
    image_86.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 3,312
roocat said:
tom_nieto said:

sorely tempted by this as i love alcantara and hate the plasticky centre console, but can't help thinking only a centre console in alcantara with the rest leather would look odd?.

Can't be any worse than horrid plastic and the rest leather surely?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back