Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Niggles

jotaking

A couple of lads who work with my Brother have 991's. They both have condensation problems when they first get in the cars in the mornings? Both have coupes, no sunroof?

Also...

In this cold weather they can't release the fuel filler flap?

Anyone else got these issues?

jotaking said:
A couple of lads who work with my Brother have 991's. They both have condensation problems when they first get in the cars in the mornings? Both have coupes, no sunroof?

Also...

If its anything like the 996s in this respect, then the air con does not switch on at low temps (under 3c if memory serves) so you lose the air-drying effect. Maybe something similar.

Fuel filler flap is presumably freezing. Better than my E53 X5, on which the entire door lock mechanism freezes! :frustrated:

Must say that the 991, as with the 997 before it, has a propensity to mist up slightly in cold/wet weather (even with 1 person in the car, let alone 2). So I always make sure that the appropriate button (not the full demist button) is pressed to ensure a continuous stream of warm air is going to the screen at all times in such conditions.

Even on the coldest day, the filler flap will spring open so long as there is no ice around it. If a little slow, then deicer or warmish water always does the trick.

jotaking said:

Also...

There is a high instance of fuel filler flap problems on gen 1 Cars. Sticking but not weather/temp related :?: might just be exasperated by the weather. Fix under warranty usually.

My 997 gen1 always mists up, drives me barney.

Bone dry inside my car, leave it for an hour and way hay.... misty windows

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back