Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Been after a limited Edition BMW M5... the video !!

Boba fett

So been looking at M5's, so found one I liked and secured a Performance edition and I get the BMW video...

No effort to clean, snow on it, not prepared and looks like its been there for months and the pià¨ce de résistance - the salesman turns it over and on cold start gives it 5.5k revs bouncing off the reduced limiter when stone cold ??

I need to talk to the director, I am really annoyed

Thoughts

https://communications-public.pinna...TORYGUID=e32b0fe0-bfdb-424a-a319-c3b3183f02d6

It is a 5 year old car. I would not be worried over the 5s of that which you have seen.

MC

I thought this was on 'cutters, must pay more attention.
:D
MC

Boba fett said:
So been looking at M5's, so found one I liked and secured a Performance edition and I get the BMW video...

No effort to clean, snow on it, not prepared and looks like its been there for months and the pià¨ce de résistance - the salesman turns it over and on cold start gives it 5.5k revs bouncing off the reduced limiter when stone cold ??

I need to talk to the director, I am really annoyed

Thoughts

https://communications-public.pinna...TORYGUID=e32b0fe0-bfdb-424a-a319-c3b3183f02d6

Jesus, how may faults is that in one breath.
Why did he not get one of the valeters to shampoo and dry it?
Why did he nlot align the paper mat and keep his bloody feet still?
Why did he not glance over the interior prior to video and clean the mark on the seat away with a wipe softening it first? or at least not scratch away at fine leather with a fingernail.
And then the blatant revving not once but several times.

You cant let people that are not either financially invested in the car or used to being invested in an expensive car near it. Thats the worst I have seen.

Report him, ask the boss how long he's worked there, how many people has he shown around that car.

Use your judgement if they're feeding you BS.

Don't let that one incident put you off the car if you like it (and are confident he hasn't driven it!).

Can you use it to get a few grand off?

MisterCorn said:
It is a 5 year old car. I would not be worried over the 5s of that which you have seen.

MC

I expected more from you Martin..I have been after one of these for same time and I get this..Surly you understand.

Are you going to keep it forever?

If not, you won't have it when the engine wears out so I doubt it will be a problem. Does it not have a warranty?

It's not good to see, especially from a "professional" but I think it's a storm in a tea cup really.

Something on the seat, so he had a little pick at it to see what it was. It's a seat, not a new born baby's face. :D

As for having snow on it, be fair, it has been snowing!

He put his feet on the floor mats?? Don't see the issue. Where do you want him to put them?

I care for my cars and hate leaving them with other people but when buying a used car you have to accept that someone has been there first and could have redlined it from cold every single journey.
The sales guy revving it could be nothing compared to what it's had.
It's used. You're buying into an unknown item.

I'm sure at the point of collection it will be prepped to perfection so I'm baffled that you need it prepped just for a 1 minute video.

I think you should buy a new one.

But then what if the guy getting it off the transporter has revved it or broken wind in the drivers seat. :grin:

Seriously, I can sort of see your point but, honestly, I think you're just looking for problems. Glad I'm not that poor guy. Thinks he's giving you a nice snapshot of a used car then you tell his boss on him and get his arse kicked.

He needs educating about revving it when cold. All the rest is a bit.. meh.

:dont know:

PS. Just noticed it's 5 years old! It will have had much worse than in that video. :grin:

Funnily enough I sent the details of this car to a friend the other day. I had an MPE M3 in frozen blue. These were produced at same time. Very high spec and 1 of 10 in frozen white. It's a sensible price. Surely that won't lose any more money now and you'll still get a decent warranty on it...
I fully understand your frustration but would use that to argue a better deal.
I've often wondered how I would get on if I went into car sales, that almost inspires me even more. I'd hate to buy a car from him!

Marky911 said:
Are you going to keep it forever?

If not, you won't have it when the engine wears out so I doubt it will be a problem. Does it not have a warranty?

It's not good to see, especially from a "professional" but I think it's a storm in a tea cup really.

Something on the seat, so he had a little pick at it to see what it was. It's a seat, not a new born baby's face. :D

As for having snow on it, be fair, it has been snowing!

He put his feet on the floor mats?? Don't see the issue. Where do you want him to put them?

I care for my cars and hate leaving them with other people but when buying a used car you have to accept that someone has been there first and could have redlined it from cold every single journey.
The sales guy revving it could be nothing compared to what it's had.
It's used. You're buying into an unknown item.

I'm sure at the point of collection it will be prepped to perfection so I'm baffled that you need it prepped just for a 1 minute video.

I think you should buy a new one.

But then what if the guy getting it off the transporter has revved it or broken wind in the drivers seat. :grin:

Seriously, I can sort of see your point but, honestly, I think you're just looking for problems. Glad I'm not that poor guy. Thinks he's giving you a nice snapshot of a used car then you tell his boss on him and get his arse kicked.

:dont know:

PS. Just noticed it's 5 years old! It will have had much worse than in that video. :grin:

Interesting outlook and perspective, I expect more :thumb:

One man's "interesting" is another man's "realistic", but honestly I hope you find the right car.

:thumb:

Marky911 said:
One man's "interesting" is another man's "realistic", but honestly I hope you find the right car.

True, but I have paid more care an attention selling a £50 item on eBay, and that's not my day job.

Marky911 said:

:agree:

Who knows what went on previously :dont know:

Could have been used as a p0rn movie car in a previous life :grin:

Revving any engine stone cold is a no no. But it's surprising how many people are unaware of this.

I think OP is getting a bit precious over it due to the fact it's 5 years old! I could understand the upset if it was brand new. It's a performance car ffs and will have had some royal spankings thus far in it's life.

And don't mess with Donny lads... esp ones with tats on their hands... Rock Ard!! :lol:

Norfolk & Idea said:
Revving any engine stone cold is a no no. But it's surprising how many people are unaware of this.

I think OP is getting a bit precious over it due to the fact it's 5 years old! I could understand the upset if it was brand new. It's a performance car ffs and will have had some royal spankings thus far in it's life.

And don't mess with Donny lads... esp ones with tats on their hands... Rock Ard!! :lol:

I guess I am being a little precious, but its a new car to me, so I want it to be a good experience, what happened to it in the past, is very much, what I don't see, don't hurt me, if you know what I mean.

As has been said you are looking at a used car, so no way to tell it has been treated previously and over 45k miles. The revving is poor form and he should know better but it would not put me off if everything else was right.

I know someone who has just returned an F-Type after a 3 yr lease with only 4K miles on it. It has been redlined loads and loads of times from cold on the driveway from new as a party trick but I am sure it will look mint when re-sold and nobody will know. Sure it will be fine as well. All these performance engines are designed to take a lot of abuse, they have to be.

As for prepping the car, BMW often seem to not prep them until they have a buyer and then prep prior to collection. At my local dealer they have used M3s for sale with parking scrapes etc but at least you see the car in a true light.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back