Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 23
997 : 2004- 80
996 : 1997-2005 44
993 : 1993-1998 6
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 3
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 19
Cayman : 2005- 11
Cayenne : 2003- 5
Macan : 2014- 1
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 0
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Boba fett
Watkins Glen


Joined: 14 May 2015
Posts: 2241



PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: Been after a limited Edition BMW M5... the video !! Reply with quote

So been looking at M5's, so found one I liked and secured a Performance edition and I get the BMW video...

No effort to clean, snow on it, not prepared and looks like its been there for months and the pièce de résistance - the salesman turns it over and on cold start gives it 5.5k revs bouncing off the reduced limiter when stone cold ??

I need to talk to the director, I am really annoyed

Thoughts

https://communications-public.pinnacledms.net/General/Portal/VideoPlayer.aspx?EGUID=bcfa55a0-0c05-438b-9943-97a67046d251&IDENTIFIER=60374097-7c42-4df0-8f97-2da8a1e6c80f&DGUID=5aa7e926-8d47-4f2a-bf51-c914ec881027&FRANCHISE=149&ENTITYTYPE=9&BGUID=d396d15d-b338-493f-99b4-ff034488637c&CUSTOMERGUID=fd52eccc-4938-446c-9461-1b2654640489&CUSTOMERHISTORYGUID=e32b0fe0-bfdb-424a-a319-c3b3183f02d6
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
MisterCorn
Long Beach


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 6110
Location: Nottingham, England

2004 Porsche 996 Turbo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a 5 year old car. I would not be worried over the 5s of that which you have seen.

MC
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
MisterCorn
Long Beach


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 6110
Location: Nottingham, England

2004 Porsche 996 Turbo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was on 'cutters, must pay more attention.
Very Happy
MC
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
westcoastclassic
Banned


Joined: 12 Jun 2017
Posts: 110



PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Been after a limited Edition BMW M5... the video !! Reply with quote

Boba fett wrote:
So been looking at M5's, so found one I liked and secured a Performance edition and I get the BMW video...

No effort to clean, snow on it, not prepared and looks like its been there for months and the pièce de résistance - the salesman turns it over and on cold start gives it 5.5k revs bouncing off the reduced limiter when stone cold ??

I need to talk to the director, I am really annoyed

Thoughts

https://communications-public.pinnacledms.net/General/Portal/VideoPlayer.aspx?EGUID=bcfa55a0-0c05-438b-9943-97a67046d251&IDENTIFIER=60374097-7c42-4df0-8f97-2da8a1e6c80f&DGUID=5aa7e926-8d47-4f2a-bf51-c914ec881027&FRANCHISE=149&ENTITYTYPE=9&BGUID=d396d15d-b338-493f-99b4-ff034488637c&CUSTOMERGUID=fd52eccc-4938-446c-9461-1b2654640489&CUSTOMERHISTORYGUID=e32b0fe0-bfdb-424a-a319-c3b3183f02d6



Jesus, how may faults is that in one breath.
Why did he not get one of the valeters to shampoo and dry it?
Why did he nlot align the paper mat and keep his bloody feet still?
Why did he not glance over the interior prior to video and clean the mark on the seat away with a wipe softening it first? or at least not scratch away at fine leather with a fingernail.
And then the blatant revving not once but several times.

You cant let people that are not either financially invested in the car or used to being invested in an expensive car near it. Thats the worst I have seen.

Last edited by westcoastclassic on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
James M-S
Montreal


Joined: 11 Apr 2017
Posts: 615
Location: Derby

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report him, ask the boss how long he’s worked there, how many people has he shown around that car.

Use your judgement if they’re feeding you BS.

Don’t let that one incident put you off the car if you like it (and are confident he hasn’t driven it!).

Can you use it to get a few grand off?
_________________
Manual 997.2 c2 :Basalt + gtechniq : H&S + Gundo
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Boba fett
Watkins Glen


Joined: 14 May 2015
Posts: 2241



PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MisterCorn wrote:
It is a 5 year old car. I would not be worried over the 5s of that which you have seen.

MC


I expected more from you Martin..I have been after one of these for same time and I get this..Surly you understand.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Marky911
Albert Park


Joined: 04 Jun 2009
Posts: 1715



PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to keep it forever?

If not, you won't have it when the engine wears out so I doubt it will be a problem. Does it not have a warranty?

It's not good to see, especially from a "professional" but I think it's a storm in a tea cup really.

Something on the seat, so he had a little pick at it to see what it was. It's a seat, not a new born baby's face. Very Happy

As for having snow on it, be fair, it has been snowing!

He put his feet on the floor mats?? Don't see the issue. Where do you want him to put them?

I care for my cars and hate leaving them with other people but when buying a used car you have to accept that someone has been there first and could have redlined it from cold every single journey.
The sales guy revving it could be nothing compared to what it's had.
It's used. You're buying into an unknown item.

I'm sure at the point of collection it will be prepped to perfection so I'm baffled that you need it prepped just for a 1 minute video.

I think you should buy a new one.

But then what if the guy getting it off the transporter has revved it or broken wind in the drivers seat. Grin

Seriously, I can sort of see your point but, honestly, I think you're just looking for problems. Glad I'm not that poor guy. Thinks he's giving you a nice snapshot of a used car then you tell his boss on him and get his arse kicked.

He needs educating about revving it when cold. All the rest is a bit.. meh.

Dont know

PS. Just noticed it's 5 years old! It will have had much worse than in that video. Grin
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Stroller
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 20 Mar 2007
Posts: 336
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough I sent the details of this car to a friend the other day. I had an MPE M3 in frozen blue. These were produced at same time. Very high spec and 1 of 10 in frozen white. It’s a sensible price. Surely that won’t lose any more money now and you’ll still get a decent warranty on it...
I fully understand your frustration but would use that to argue a better deal.
I’ve often wondered how I would get on if I went into car sales, that almost inspires me even more. I’d hate to buy a car from him!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
Boba fett
Watkins Glen


Joined: 14 May 2015
Posts: 2241



PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marky911 wrote:
Are you going to keep it forever?

If not, you won't have it when the engine wears out so I doubt it will be a problem. Does it not have a warranty?

It's not good to see, especially from a "professional" but I think it's a storm in a tea cup really.

Something on the seat, so he had a little pick at it to see what it was. It's a seat, not a new born baby's face. Very Happy

As for having snow on it, be fair, it has been snowing!

He put his feet on the floor mats?? Don't see the issue. Where do you want him to put them?

I care for my cars and hate leaving them with other people but when buying a used car you have to accept that someone has been there first and could have redlined it from cold every single journey.
The sales guy revving it could be nothing compared to what it's had.
It's used. You're buying into an unknown item.

I'm sure at the point of collection it will be prepped to perfection so I'm baffled that you need it prepped just for a 1 minute video.

I think you should buy a new one.

But then what if the guy getting it off the transporter has revved it or broken wind in the drivers seat. Grin

Seriously, I can sort of see your point but, honestly, I think you're just looking for problems. Glad I'm not that poor guy. Thinks he's giving you a nice snapshot of a used car then you tell his boss on him and get his arse kicked.

He needs educating about revving it when cold. All the rest is a bit.. meh.

Dont know

PS. Just noticed it's 5 years old! It will have had much worse than in that video. Grin


Interesting outlook and perspective, I expect more Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Marky911
Albert Park


Joined: 04 Jun 2009
Posts: 1715



PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One man's "interesting" is another man's "realistic", but honestly I hope you find the right car.

Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Boba fett
Watkins Glen


Joined: 14 May 2015
Posts: 2241



PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marky911 wrote:
One man's "interesting" is another man's "realistic", but honestly I hope you find the right car.

Thumb


True, but I have paid more care an attention selling a £50 item on eBay, and that's not my day job.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
HSC911
Zolder


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 5151
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marky911 wrote:
He needs educating about revving it when cold. All the rest is a bit.. meh.


Agree

Who knows what went on previously Dont know

Could have been used as a p0rn movie car in a previous life Grin

Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Norfolk & Idea
Barcelona


Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Posts: 1317
Location: South Yorkshire


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revving any engine stone cold is a no no. But it's surprising how many people are unaware of this.

I think OP is getting a bit precious over it due to the fact it's 5 years old! I could understand the upset if it was brand new. It's a performance car ffs and will have had some royal spankings thus far in it's life.

And don't mess with Donny lads... esp ones with tats on their hands... Rock Ard!! Laughing
_________________
2012 997.2 Turbo Basalt Black. Bit of a 9E ing.
2008 Ducati 1098R (Track)
2016 Macan GTS
2008 Vito Sport- Household Star!
2018 Ducati Panigale V4S (Track)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Boba fett
Watkins Glen


Joined: 14 May 2015
Posts: 2241



PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norfolk & Idea wrote:
Revving any engine stone cold is a no no. But it's surprising how many people are unaware of this.

I think OP is getting a bit precious over it due to the fact it's 5 years old! I could understand the upset if it was brand new. It's a performance car ffs and will have had some royal spankings thus far in it's life.

And don't mess with Donny lads... esp ones with tats on their hands... Rock Ard!! Laughing


I guess I am being a little precious, but its a new car to me, so I want it to be a good experience, what happened to it in the past, is very much, what I don't see, don't hurt me, if you know what I mean.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
maph
Silverstone


Joined: 01 Feb 2017
Posts: 142



PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As has been said you are looking at a used car, so no way to tell it has been treated previously and over 45k miles. The revving is poor form and he should know better but it would not put me off if everything else was right.

I know someone who has just returned an F-Type after a 3 yr lease with only 4K miles on it. It has been redlined loads and loads of times from cold on the driveway from new as a party trick but I am sure it will look mint when re-sold and nobody will know. Sure it will be fine as well. All these performance engines are designed to take a lot of abuse, they have to be.

As for prepping the car, BMW often seem to not prep them until they have a buyer and then prep prior to collection. At my local dealer they have used M3s for sale with parking scrapes etc but at least you see the car in a true light.
_________________
2012 997.2 Turbo S
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
timm996
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 17 May 2008
Posts: 276
Location: nottingham


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the video was ok, it was clearly before prep and it looks like they will address the issues before sale which is good, the rev at cold was just a blip and it wasnt under load. The biggest concern for me would be the colour combo, poverty spec white with black wheels does not scream prestige car. It looks like the sort of car you get in cities with tinted rear windows and a personalised plate, screaming around city centres in a 30 limit scattering pedestrians and cutting up buses, I think this would affect resale, so personally I would shop around.
_________________
I know I ain't doing much, doing nothing means a lot to me - Bon Scott:
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
HSC911
Zolder


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 5151
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boba fett wrote:
I guess I am being a little precious, but its a new car to me, so I want it to be a good experience...


Understandable thumbsup

I'd also be more worried about him banging the door onto the car next to it as he got in, it was a tight gap... Grin






















 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
NLW73
Suzuka


Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 1223
Location: Yateley


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like someone has been doing a load of bugle in the front seat Wink

have a look in the back or in the boot under the cover and you might have a right result.

they are absolute weapons in std form. chip them and they are bonkers fast.
_________________
996 GT3 mk2 - Guards Red
996 C2 3.4 - Ocean Blue
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
squelch
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 05 Jun 2016
Posts: 313
Location: Bucks


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maph wrote:
As for prepping the car, BMW often seem to not prep them until they have a buyer and then prep prior to collection. At my local dealer they have used M3s for sale with parking scrapes etc but at least you see the car in a true light.

Recently Sytner BMW had this Z4M Coupe listed - Can anyone spot what's missing in the picture? Unbelievable! And yet people (albeit possibly the less-informed, non-enthusiast motorist) still believe they're getting the best when they go to a main dealer!

As for the M5 vid - what an ill-prepared presentation of an ill-prepared car! I'd wager that was the first time that guy had even seen the car, let alone been inside it - "there is just one small mark on the leather. Oh no, it's just some paint or some residue or bodily fluid that I'm happy to scrape away with my fingernail for you sir" Euuugh!!! Gross!!! Surely any normal human being would press "stop" and do the video again - it just highlights again the arrogance of the dealers! Their whole approach seems to be "if they buy it they buy it. If not, then someone else will!"

Fortunately, BMW made more than one M5, so I'd continue the search if I were you. And I'd be sure to tell that dealer of the "training need" you've identified.
_________________
From Stuttgart: 997 GTS, 996 C4S
From Munich: S54 & S50 M Coupes, 535d M Touring, and a couple of bikes from Italy and Germany
 



Sytner Z4MCapture.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  740.15 KB
 Viewed:  1652 Time(s)

Sytner Z4MCapture.PNG


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
HSC911
Zolder


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 5151
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum