Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Battery Advice

Steve997

Need a new Battery and Joel at RSJ recommended Duracell and they seem well priced.

I ve found two on a ebay car parts dealer:

The compatability check suggests neither one will fit a standard 355 bhp 3.8s but both will fit a upgraded 381 bhp 3.8s. I assume this is because the CCA are greater at 800CCA so better for starting the higher tuned engine.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Type-110...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Batt...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Question is they are both the same size and price. The only difference is one is 800CCA and the other 700CC. Question is am I better getting the 800CCA one as the car should start easier ?

You live and learn... I never knew Duracell did car batteries!

I've only ever buy Bosch S5 (Silver Top) when the OEM units have given up. Thoroughly recommended and they have a 5 Year Guarantee too.

Lots of deals on batteries right now with the usual ECP etc. ;)

C.

cableguy said:
You live and learn... I never knew Duracell did car batteries!

I've only ever buy Bosch S5 (Silver Top) when the OEM units have given up. Thoroughly recommended and they have a 5 Year Guarantee too.

Lots of deals on batteries right now with the usual ECP etc. ;)

C.

Bosch or Varta same group

I went Varta Silver Dynamic 577 400 078 14th July 2015 - 4 year warranty
Price then £126

+1 for a Bosch money well spent IMHO on both of ours no dramas on cold mornings

Not sure why the links don't work for everyone as they work fine for me, so dont know what to suggest tbh .

I agree Bosch is a very good product and tbh its whats on the car at the moment. Thing is I don't need a 5 year guarantee on a car I only plan to keep 2 years and the Duracell seems a lot cheaper at £68 for similar specification.

Anyone help with the original question on which Duracell to buy the 800 cca or the 700 cca? There both the same price, just the performance differs a little. One is 85ah and 800 cca the other 80ah and 700cca

Is bigger better ???????

997 Coast said:
Bosch or Varta same group

More than that - labelling aside they are the exact same battery. IIRC the Bosch S5 IS the Varta F18.

I bought a YUASA battery from Halfords 2 year ago and still good in this cold snap. £105 at the time with 5 year warranty.

I just fitted the heavy duty Bosch battery (£105 delivered) and boy what a difference! Very happy

I guess the preference is Bosch and no one knows anymore about electrickery than me :nooo: or what the heck Cold Cranking Amps really means

:?:

Steve997 said:
Anyone help with the original question on which Duracell to buy the 800 cca or the 700 cca? There both the same price, just the performance differs a little. One is 85ah and 800 cca the other 80ah and 700cca

Is bigger better ???????

Go for the higher CCA battery. CCA matters more than just ah.

Another vote for bosch from me. I fitted the S5 to mine last year. I got one new for £90 delivered after shopping around.

Gone for a Duracell 80ah 700cca.

Current battery is a Bosch and is just 4 years old and out of warranty so giving Duracell a try, a 1/3 rd cheaper than Bosch and 5 year warranty from a decent brand.

Either of those choices would be fine. The higher CCA if its the same price is better in cold weather cranking and why I suggested it.

If I am not mistaken my new Bosch battery carries a 5 year warranty

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back