Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dealer or Independent -car under warranty

Sulz

Monza
I don't have a good experience with my local OPC. They tried to charge me for work they didn't do and also charge me again for work they had previously done.

To be blunt I don't trust them and am loathed to spend more than I have to with them.

I have a 2012 991 Carrera, Brake discs are due a change all around.

Would you buy the discs from Euro car parts or design 911 etc and then get an Independent to fit it?

Would this affect my warranty?

Thanks

Has it got an OPC warranty?

I'm guessing there are no restrictions on who can do the work as I think that is against EU rules, but the parts must be official Porsche... I know cars will fail the 111 point check on things as mundane as a non Porsche battery.

The warranty is with OPC.

So as long as I can get genuine Porsche parts and a receipt from a garage showing the work has been done the warranty won't be void?

Thanks

Your warranty won't be voided if an Indy works on your car BUT any claim relating to work done by them will be refused.

The policy states:

"A claim made under Your Policy shall be invalid to the extent that the defect results from any of the following"

". Service, repair or maintenance has previously been performed on the Vehicle by You or by a third party who is not an authorised Porsche centre/ Porsche Service Centre".

Regarding the parts you use it goes on to say a claim will be invalid if:

". Non-Genuine Porsche parts have been fitted to Your Vehicle"

Thanks for that T8. That's fine, It's discs and pads so am happy to order and use my guy instead.

Plenty of options, even getting an indy to supply and fit, as I don't see consumables being an issue, as long as they are OEM parts in this case.

OP - what are your alternatives be in terms of Indy or another OPC? I'm sure you would get a few recommendations if you mention location. Personally, I won't use my closest, or indeed 2nd closest OPC, as the service I've experienced at Brooklands beats them hands down.

For the service stamp I'll use the OPC but anything consumable one of my oldest friends I've known for 30 years owns a garage and I trust him to do the work.

My OPC are a bunch of chancers adding work that doesn't need to be done etc.

The job list on my wife's Cayenne was a joke. Was furious when they said some stuff needing doing which clearly didn't/

I was hoping by going to a prestigious brand you would miss out the charlatans. Sadly it's far from the case.

However I won't let the dealer stop my enjoyments of the cars. Even after 3 years of ownership I love my 911 like the first day I got her!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back