Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Console delete - re-cover-able ?

Sundayjumper

Good news - I found a second hand console delete at a great price :)

Bad news - it's terracotta :(

Can I just pull that vile brown carpet off and stick some black carpet on instead ? Or is that going to be more trouble than it's worth ?

get the carpet dyed or painted? same for the other bits? get some plastic paint and should be job done

If it means paying someone to do it, we're straight into 'more trouble than it's worth" territory and it stops being a bargain !

I'm aiming more along the lines of spare floor mat + spray glue.

Maybe a bit of vinyl wrap ? Awkward shape though.

Sundayjumper said:
If it means paying someone to do it, we're straight into 'more trouble than it's worth" territory and it stops being a bargain !

I'm aiming more along the lines of spare floor mat + spray glue.

Maybe a bit of vinyl wrap ? Awkward shape though.

Recolouring vinyl is easy - prep well and paint with acrylic paint. You don't need an expensive kit. Carpet I've never done but have seen amazing results (on the internet) done using a spray can. Probably ok as you don't 'walk" on it. Worth a try?

Hmm, dye might be a good shout, I'd initially dismissed it.

If it works, great. If it doesn't, I was going to scrap the carpet anyway, so no big deal.

And if it does work, the carpet behind the rear seats is a bit faded so I can do that too.

I'll try some dye !

i would try the carpet dye and should be cheap easy

just get some plastic paint for the rest of it. as said give it a light rub down and add some dark primer then plasy paint on top. you can get it in spray format

most of them have built in primer so it should be just spray on.

Minor correction, it was actually boxsterrot. And it was an almost perfect match to my garage floor !

15701803101518501b.jpg

I tried the dye, it was a waste of time. It made it a darker red, not black, and was very obvious when placed next to the original carpet. And it's more like paint than dye, so once there's a few coats applied it starts to build up and makes the pile of the carpet all crusty.

I pulled the old carpet off. Very easy.

15701803101518504b.jpg

I considered painting it, or wrapping with vinyl but for expedience I ended up covering it with some dark grey felt I had in stock. It would be better in black of course, but it's not totally offensive like this, and although I'd like to change it, now it's back in the car I think "CBA" will win.

15701803101911311b.jpg

15701803101911312b.jpg

I think that looks fine - i'm a bit surprised by how much structure there is tbh, I had thought it was just a bit of carpet.

But where will you store all your Bay City Rollers cassettes now. 😩😬😬

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back