Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Starting Issue

dirkstar

Ladies Gents,

Thanks In Advance for any Info You can give me.

My cars been playing up 06 Targa Tiptronic.

Wont start whilst in Park, push down clutch turn key nothing happening, all as normal ( stearing lock, lights et)c but no engine turn over. However it will start as normal when in Neutral.

Thanks Again.

Paul

The gear lever will be pretty stiff i would have thought .. you do tend to get used to it though .

Start at the pivot .. if its not that then there is a T30 torx bolt on the gear lever houseing that needs to be slackened off slightly ..

The gear linkage on the box is the most common though .. the lever isnt reaching the position that the car thinks its in park basically because its so stiff .

My car does this only when hot though the triptronic is so stiff to use
But fine when engine is cold??

Frankyboy said:

It's probably the extra 'r' in tiptronic that's causing your problem. :D

Sorry .... :coat:

ps. :welcome: to 911uk

Frankyboy said:

Yours could be either the gearbox linkage or the T30 bolt in the gear lever .. both mentioned above .

With yours its probably going to be the gearbox linkage though .. metal expands when it gets hot :wink:

Ill explain what to do if needed .. but its pretty obvious and easy to be honest .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back