Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sport Design Steering Wheel

Have you looked at 991 wheels? Might be easier to get.

Charlie, You know what the OPC is like if they dont have a vin they are lost.
The 997.2 sport wheel like the one in the link has been superceeded by the 991 sport steering wheel and now has a 991 981 part number Its exactily the same part. call the opc back in the morning and ask for the 991.1 sport wheel they should be able to get them from Germany in 3 days :thumb: :thumb:

Are they cheaper directly from Porsche Phil?

Wanted to do the same mod for some time....

neil_911 said:

£764 incl of VAT from OPC for a manual wheel
£894 incl of VAT from OPC for a PDK wheel

Neither include the airbag (need a circular type).

weebz said:
neil_911 said:

but you should also be able to get the forum discount on those prices , pretty sure mine was just under £700 from the OPC

Attachments

• img_2059_165.jpg
    img_2059_165.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 9,015
neil_911 said:

I found it was Neil yes :thumb:

I guess its down to individual negotiations at the local OPC.

I already get an OPC discount with supercar drivers, But having seen design911 prices of the wheels - they do seem to work out abit cheaper.

Guessing D911 just get trade prices then add their own premium .

Phil 997 said:
weebz said:
neil_911 said:

but you should also be able to get the forum discount on those prices , pretty sure mine was just under £700 from the OPC

:thumb: Totally always worth the question to save some beer tokens :thumbs:

Cheers Phil, FFS! Part number monkeys, how difficult can it be. Thanks for the advice I'll give them a call back now and let you know how I get on. I decided to keep it more original with black leather rather than going down the alcantara route.

Phil 997 said:
weebz said:
neil_911 said:

Phil this is on my list, the horrific multi function has to go, I notice you have the alcantara version, I obviously have the much preferred and more sought after PDK version m8 :grin:
What's your thoughts on the look of alcantara without any other alcantara in the cabin I just can't decide between that or leather :?: :dont know:

spongebob squarepants said:
Phil 997 said:
weebz said:
neil_911 said:

Phil this is on my list, the horrific multi function has to go, I notice you have the alcantara version, I obviously have the much preferred and more sought after PDK version m8 :grin:
What's your thoughts on the look of alcantara without any other alcantara in the cabin I just can't decide between that or leather :?: :dont know:[/quote

Hi Mate, the alcantara feels lovely but they dont seem to do a heated version from what I could find I might be wrong and just missed it.

How it would look in the car with no other alcantara apart from the head lining. I am not sure , it certainly wouldnt look horrible but probably not as good as if you had say the armrest in alcantara , I realise you cant do the gear shift and gator , but you could do the handbreak and arm rest.

I as always got totally carried away and have OE alcantara armrest, handbreak rear section and gearknob and gator , and finished off with retrimmed lower dash and glove box. and keep now looking at the door panels deciding what to do :grin: but thats just me .

If your interior is black leather I think just the wheel in alcantara would work if its any other colour you would need to introduce some other bits.
hope that helps mate :thumb:

CharlieCirrus said:
Turns out the company that make the steering wheels have gone bust, everything is on backorder with no delivery dates. Booo. So only option now seems to be to buy one from a breaker.

Can you remove the paddles from an auto wheel like the one below and fit it to a manual car?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-...838214?hash=item2852712386:g:MpIAAOSwKZtalCML

Thats a pain in the *** . I saw a swedish company had 2 alcantara ones for £999 but other than that theres no manual ones about.

I scanned the 997,991,981, cayenne and Panamera as they are all the same wheel but with differing part numbers and as the black leather seems the same then any would have worked. but just nothing other than expensive custom modded ones or the 2 alcantara ones. Problem is going to be that as its not a current model wheel there will be little sence or urgency from Porsche to get a new supplier and the back order could be a very long time :nooo:
I assume after you spoke to the parts guy he scanned all the models that have this wheel in black leather to see if there were any from eg cayman, 981s etc.

I have never looked closely at the sport paddles so cant tell you if they are removable or not :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back