Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Odd noise

Houghmeister

1976 2.7. Runs perfectly then after about 45 minutes there is an odd noise when you stop accelerating. It happens in all gears and disappears when you dip the clutch. It is NOT related to Engine speed or road speed. The nose sounds like a very loud ticking. Performance is unaffected and when the car runs from cold it does not happen. Any ideas?

Is it possible to do a sound clip and post it on youtube so we can hear it ?

Or send to me at [email protected] and ill see if i can post it .

The noise is obviously heat related so something is warming up .

Can you get the noise to happen when stationary .. if so have a listen in the engine compartment and see if you can get an area .. alternator was what i was thinking there .

Dipping the clutch would indicate release bearing or possibly inside the box with release bearing being the most obvious.

Im no expert on these but my collegues are so with a sound clip i can get them to listen to it .. they hate me doing this but i just keep nagging them :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back