Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TMPS Disable

SGH

Looking at a set of wheels for my C4S but they don't have TPMS was wondering if the TPMS can be disabled ?

I thought no point paying out getting tyres removed and sensors fitted until I need to get new tyres and get TMPS fitted enabled then.

Yip can be coded out/disabled any good indie should be able to sort you out

Pretty sure it can easily be turned off mate either with a durametric or piwis :thumb:

SGH said:
:thumb:

Just contacted two indies one £51.00 and another £180.00 :eek:

:floor: :floor: mmmm which one to choose :?: :?: :grin:

mate give your opc a call they may be even cheaper its really only a 15min job :thumb:

I think they have to disconnect the TPMS on the car before they can code it out. Then they can plug it back in. Makes it a slightly bigger job.

Why not just bite the bullet and buy new sensors? I bought my OE (Beru) ones from TireRack in the USA quite a few years ago for ~£250. Snidey versions also available on eBay for quite a bit less.

TPMS on various cars has saved me a few tyres over the years, I only picked up a puncture with my daily driver two weeks ago, the warning saved me from driving on it and ruining a perfectly good tyre.

Your car has it as a safety feature, why disable it? :?

You could always get some other features enabled at the same time too.

Autolock, one touch close & open and various others in forgotten about.

The module needs disconnecting but it can be coded out properly.
I did this on my GT3.

I don't think I can control comfort closing in my PCM.

comfort options need coding , they are often reluctant to switch it on as there are safely risks with auto close and a number of reports of people coming back to there cars and finding the window open as the car will relock its self if unlocked and door not opened but the window wont close . but if you insist you are aware of the issues they will do it. :thumb:

Iirc, comfort close might be an extended pcm function with sport chrono.

PIWIS can set a delay adjustment on the key signal to try to eliminate the "tight-trousered window-drop" feature!

I have PCM, Chrono and memory and it's not there.

Martian said:
Why not just bite the bullet and buy new sensors? I bought my OE (Beru) ones from TireRack in the USA quite a few years ago for ~£250. Snidey versions also available on eBay for quite a bit less.

TPMS on various cars has saved me a few tyres over the years, I only picked up a puncture with my daily driver two weeks ago, the warning saved me from driving on it and ruining a perfectly good tyre.

Your car has it as a safety feature, why disable it? :?

I plan on new sensors when tyres need replacing.Both indies I contacted would not fit anything other than Genuine Parts sensors.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back