Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

refurbing Steering wheel and bits at Royal Steering wheels

NLW73

just spoke to jack and great prices as ever.

car has dove grey interior which is the light grey.

going to renew in smooth grey leather for the gear lever, handbrake and steering wheel.

option to have either grey or dark blue stitching so a bit torn? would match the centre lower console and hard seat backs which are in dark blue too.

could look nice and a bit different?

thoughts?

Just had my wheel, gear knob and handbrake done by Jack , recommend wholeheartedly, I have had contrasting stiching so I probably would say yes.
I chose to have different leather areas on wheel and on knob.

Attachments

• 733e79db_0434_4370_b4ca_e6137d41a1f6_100.jpeg
    733e79db_0434_4370_b4ca_e6137d41a1f6_100.jpeg
    527.1 KB · Views: 3,592
Perforated leather on knob

Attachments

• bfbc4ec8_03a5_4340_88ad_13b8e9c332a8_963.jpeg
    bfbc4ec8_03a5_4340_88ad_13b8e9c332a8_963.jpeg
    445.9 KB · Views: 3,587
ooh very nice sir and suits you. cracking job as ever and that looks the part

I might look at part perforated as did not think about that.

thanks for the pics.

I had my wheel done and now want the handbrake lever, gearknob/gaiter and armrest done to match. Do you have to remove the whole handbrake assembly to send the lever off?

I would be interested to see photos of the handbrake. I will be sending some bits off soon.

MC

Here you go, just pull off button and twist handbrake cover and pull off. Can't wait get it all replaced into car. I'll post pics once all installed

Attachments

• 8fdd697c_a1b2_46f1_a031_88ab1eca9ae1_130.jpeg
    8fdd697c_a1b2_46f1_a031_88ab1eca9ae1_130.jpeg
    417.5 KB · Views: 3,487
That all looks fantastic, really must get my finger out and see about getting mine done.

nice one stu and thanks for the advice on the handbrake as was worried I would have to take the handbrake all apart.

will get moving with this and sorted asap.

NLW73 said:
nice one stu and thanks for the advice on the handbrake as was worried I would have to take the handbrake all apart.

will get moving with this and sorted asap.

that all looks really nice in perforated leather :thumb: :thumb:
did you leave the rear section of the hand break as it was or is that perferated as well and what about the gear stick gator is that still original leather :thumb:

edit dumb question its a tip :grin:

stucart said:
Perforated leather on knob

I thought that you were going all 50 Shades on us when I read this!

stucart said:
Here you go, just pull off button and twist handbrake cover and pull off. Can't wait get it all replaced into car. I'll post pics once all installed

Keen to have my steering wheel, shifter and handbrake end bit done in alcantara.

I pulled the button off, but could not see how to get the handbrake cover off... it is literally just twist and pull? If it makes any difference mine is a alu/leather one.

Do you reckon Jack could retrim around the alu bits?

yes he can re trim around those

I had my gt3 wheel and gear lever done by jack and he done an awesome job. dark grey with red stitching. and red 12 o'clock on wheel in leather

re the lever you take the button out then keep twisting. might be worth getting some heat onto it with hair dryer to warm up the glue?

Cheers- I've sent Jack a contact form for a quote.

I do actually have a standard grey handbrake and gearshift in a box somewhere from a while ago... I may get them retrimmed and leave the alu/leather ones alone as they are megabucks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back