Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Two Aerokitted 996s - £25k & £29k. Thoughts?

Fastlane

Spa-Francorchamps

Attachments

• silver_996_143.jpg
    silver_996_143.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 4,669
  • yellow_996_203.jpg
    yellow_996_203.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 4,669
They both look nice, but in my opinion they are both around £5-7k too expensive. You never know though!

Both have huge holes in their service histories.

Optimistic pricing, to say the least ( and this from an aerokit C2 owner).

Think Gazc2 spotted something much nicer.

Seen the listing for that yellow one earlier, looks like a cracker but as already said, bit on the expensive side

...no 'nasty rips or tears ' is a euphemism for 'well worn' to these eyes!?

I might speculate that the slate grey one is probably a little tatty?

To me the grey car looks to be priced about right if it is any good. I paid £16k 9 months ago for mine with the same miles. The early history on the yellow car is really poor. 3 services in 50k miles is dire. As a comparison mine had 13 services in that mileage, which is probably what you would expect to see. Having said that, they are both nice looking cars and may well be absolutely lovely in the flesh. Seems a little strange that they have been to different locations for recent servicing as well.... :?

Yellow one states 'full service history' but has a 10 year and c32k mileage service interval. Appreciate he's not hiding anything by putting the service book on full view, but full service history? Really?!

The yellow one looks tidy... but is that a 10yr service gap I see from 2004 to 2014 :?:

Says car was dry stored between 2006-2014 which I assume is why no stamps in the book

I'd go for the yellow one as it has the rear 'winglets'
flyingpig.gif

:thumb:

Gazc2 said:
Says car was dry stored between 2006-2014 which I assume is why no stamps in the book

I believe him, but dry storing a car and covering 32k miles isn't an excuse for not servicing it in my book!

The boot lid has been painted as well. There should be a black rubber strip on the lower spoiler. :?: It looks yellow to me...

I'm glad my Aerokitted Arctic Silver, manual, C2, is not worth £25k ! I'd start worrying about polishing it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back