Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 23
997 : 2004- 79
996 : 1997-2005 44
993 : 1993-1998 6
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 3
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 19
Cayman : 2005- 11
Cayenne : 2003- 5
Macan : 2014- 1
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 0
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
evodarren
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Posts: 293
Location: Southend on sea


PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: RS replica Reply with quote

http://www.fast-classics.com/cars/porsche-911-2-7-rs-evocation-for-sale/
Going to view this tomorrow. Invoices for £122,00 rebuild.
What do you think
_________________
2007 997.1GT3
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Boba fett
Watkins Glen


Joined: 14 May 2015
Posts: 2243



PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: RS replica Reply with quote

evodarren wrote:
http://www.fast-classics.com/cars/porsche-911-2-7-rs-evocation-for-sale/
Going to view this tomorrow. Invoices for £122,00 rebuild.
What do you think


Its not real, and never will be, am I missing something ?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Jay.
Nürburgring


Joined: 20 Oct 2015
Posts: 486
Location: Brize Norton


PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of cash, but if it's been done perfectly and it's exactly what you want - and you can afford it - then why not!
_________________
2004 996 Turbo
Seal Grey
Motec 19" Alloys
AMG Flappy Paddles

1972 Datsun 240z
RB25DET
Devil Z


Follow me on Instagram! @rb.240z
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
isysman
Zolder


Joined: 22 Apr 2011
Posts: 5626
Location: Cheshire


PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: RS replica Reply with quote

Boba fett wrote:
evodarren wrote:
http://www.fast-classics.com/cars/porsche-911-2-7-rs-evocation-for-sale/
Going to view this tomorrow. Invoices for £122,00 rebuild.
What do you think


Its not real, and never will be, am I missing something ?


Apparently you are. Original cars are a million plus now so out of reach of pretty much everyone. If it’s been recreated to a good standard and drives like the original or even 80% of the original then it’s just as real to the owner. Ok so he won’t have bragging rights to owning a real one but who cares? It’s about a beautiful car that will be great to drive. It’s about the ownership experience. Just like your replica CSL I’m sure is/was great fun to own even if it wasn’t legit.

My car is a huge event every time I climb into the bucket seat, it looks and feels (to me) just as good as the original and the ownership experience is a great one. I don’t care that it says Turbo on the V5 piece of paper.
_________________
911 GT2RS Build
987 Boxster S 3.4

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Boba fett
Watkins Glen


Joined: 14 May 2015
Posts: 2243



PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: RS replica Reply with quote

isysman wrote:
Boba fett wrote:
evodarren wrote:
http://www.fast-classics.com/cars/porsche-911-2-7-rs-evocation-for-sale/
Going to view this tomorrow. Invoices for £122,00 rebuild.
What do you think


Its not real, and never will be, am I missing something ?


Apparently you are. Original cars are a million plus now so out of reach of pretty much everyone. If it’s been recreated to a good standard and drives like the original or even 80% of the original then it’s just as real to the owner. Ok so he won’t have bragging rights to owning a real one but who cares? It’s about a beautiful car that will be great to drive. It’s about the ownership experience. Just like your replica CSL I’m sure is/was great fun to own even if it wasn’t legit.

My car is a huge event every time I climb into the bucket seat, it looks and feels (to me) just as good as the original and the ownership experience is a great one. I don’t care that it says Turbo on the V5 piece of paper.


I got a lot of stick over that CSL Replica, I could not see the harm in it to be honest, but this car is still a lot of money for what it is.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum