Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Could someone take me a picture

Thomp1983

Silverstone
Hi guys could someone with oem aero side skirts take me a close picture of the passenger side, from the middle of the door to the rear wheel arch

Thanks
Chris

Hope these help. Not sure if they are what you are after but let me know if you want any other taking as it is a nice day today so happy to take out of garage!!! :D

Attachments

• aero_kit_side_118.jpg
    aero_kit_side_118.jpg
    608.7 KB · Views: 2,546
  • aero_side_2_160.jpg
    aero_side_2_160.jpg
    625.9 KB · Views: 2,546
no guarantee these will be right way up! may need a lesson of someone :pc:

Attachments

• aero_kit_side_213.jpg
    aero_kit_side_213.jpg
    608.7 KB · Views: 2,531
  • aero_side_2_124.jpg
    aero_side_2_124.jpg
    625.9 KB · Views: 2,531
glennfpayton said:
sorry no idea why these are upside down, let me see if i can get right way up!

Australian spec car maybe?

Thanks guys, are there 2 types of aero skirts those are different to mine, the reason I ask is mine are fibreglass copies and they appear to kick up just after the swage line between door and arch looking at Google images shows they do kick up but not as pronounced as mine are.

I've spent the afternoon trimming and sanding them to get a line I'm happy with

I have no idea I am afraid, my car came with the Aero kit on it so to be honest i don't know. It is a 2004 car so not sure if they changed at any point but there are some very knowledgeable people on this site whom I am sure will know :D

Thanks for sorting the picture Dermot; what was I doing wrong as they always appear to go on upside down when I post a picture.

Regards

Glenn

glennfpayton said:
Thanks for sorting the picture Dermot; what was I doing wrong as they always appear to go on upside down when I post a picture.

Regards

Glenn

glenn , they go upside down or not appear if they are too big ,there is a forum max size . I have found if I resize a pic to or smaller than 600 pixles its fine mate. :thumb:

If unsure then open the picture with Paint .. you can rotate or resize pictures very easily .. top left on the screen then just save and post .

EDIT

Right click on the picture and select open with .. then select paint when looking at it on your computer .

Is the car pictured not a Turbo? It has a vent in the rear quarter.

Thom's is a Carrera I believe.

Thom there are two types for narrow bodied cars. Mk1 and mk2.

Loads should come up on Google images. :thumb:

Edited to add -

Mk1

Mk2

Not sure if they're any help but they show the differences. :thumb:

That yellow ones perfect, I tried Google images but didn't see that one.

Before I cut them the arch end of my skirt finished about 10mm above the level of the swage line, you can clearly see in that picture it's to finish flush with the top of it.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back