Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 HID 4 U

APL911

Spa-Francorchamps
Afternoon.

Has anyone had any experience of HID 4 U?

I would like to upgrade my halogens and found this company on the interweb.

How easy are they to fit? Are they worth the money, or are they just a gimmick...?

Thanks

Ant

I bought a HIDS4U kit for my X5 last year. Dead easy to fit, even I managed it. No warning lights. A massive improvement over the halogens. It seems to comprise very good quality components, well, its lasted nearly a year so far! They have a 2yr warranty too.

Instructions were properly written, rather than Google translate from Chinese.

It passed an MOT with them fitted and they weren't even mentioned, although I understand the rules have changed for '18. It would be easy to reverse for the MOT if necessary... Just unplug the connectors, change the holder and put the old bulbs back in.

With a 996 you could probably fit the whole lot into the headlight unit as there is so much room... or if not, behind, so its all neatly hidden.

Yes, I have used Hids 4 u, brought a kit for my 996, quality product, the ballasts fitted nicely into the housing.

I just bought the H7R kit so that it does not reflect and blind on coming traffic.

getting fitted soon and expecting some decent improvement over the current candles in the front. also getting lenses polished up.

I understand the MOT rules are changing later this year and aftermarket HIDs will be a fail. Might be worth waiting a bit to see how this pans out.

Just fitted the H7 projector type kit to my car from Horizon LED's. Kit was £100 as new 2018 which is MOT compliant. 90 mins to install taking it slowly. yet to test with a drive but I chose the 5000 power 35W kit; all looks good quality and new kits have 3 yr warranty I think.

Another HIDS4U ambassador here, great customer service, piece of p1ss to install and the difference was night and day...

gilessav said:
Just fitted the H7 projector type kit to my car from Horizon LED's. Kit was £100 as new 2018 which is MOT compliant. 90 mins to install taking it slowly. yet to test with a drive but I chose the 5000 power 35W kit; all looks good quality and new kits have 3 yr warranty I think.

Was this an HID kit or LED? Let us know how good it is. My LED kit from HIDS4U gives a lovely even light on the garage door but not enough of a hot spot for penetration down the road.

It's the HID kit labelled as 2018 Upgrade H7 HID conversion kit 35W/5000.
Will report on how good the light is once I've used the car at night.

cheers.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back