Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cigarette lighter

Checkmate

Hi guys,
Is anybody have difficulty to take the lighter out, or it's just me? :dont know:
Every time when I need to put phone charger in I need to fight with this lighter for good minute. Maybe just my fingers are like sausages ??? :?

It might be worth making sure that somebody hasn't at some time fitted the wrong centre in it. The pre 997 ones were about 0.5mm larger diameter.

MC

Odd. Just take it out, and stick it in the glovebox, or centre console and let it rattle around. Unless you plan to smoke in your car? :bandit:

MaxA said:
Odd. Just take it out, and stick it in the glovebox, or centre console and let it rattle around. Unless you plan to smoke in your car? :bandit:

yep as Max said wrap itinerary cloth or tissue to avoid rattle and just tuck it away in the ashtray or glovebox. :thumb:

One of Yatesy's bugbears. Lighters missing out sockets. Drives me insane.......especially when you see cars listed on Autotrader et al at a dealers and the lighter can be clearly seen dumped in the cubby. :evil:

Thanks Phill, warping is a good idea, I was trying to keep it in place as it should be but it's just to much hassle to take it out. I think this is only thing that should be more ergonomic...

Just can't grab it :frustrated:

alex yates said:
One of Yatesy's bugbears. Lighters missing out sockets. Drives me insane.......especially when you see cars listed on Autotrader et al at a dealers and the lighter can be clearly seen dumped in the cubby. :evil:

Alex dont let the OCD get to you mate :grin: :grin: thats why they put lids on the ashtray compartment :grin:

Checkmate said:
Thanks Phill, warping is a good idea, I was trying to keep it in place as it should be but it's just to much hassle to take it out. I think this is only thing that should be more ergonomic...

Just can't grab it :frustrated:

I also struggle to get mine out if I need to little button fat fingers don't go together :floor: have you not got a power point in your armrest some did and some have the AUX ipod fitment :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
alex yates said:

Alex dont let the OCD get to you mate :grin: :grin: thats why they put lids on the ashtray compartment :grin:

......and where do I put my sweeties then?

alex yates said:

That's funny, I still have some old ones in my various boxes of car parts as they're useless and just rattle around... :dont know:

Dash looks a mess without one in.

I hate that cigarette lighter.... It won't come out when I tried pulling.. so I didn't want to force it.... So I pushed it in so it snaps back out to take it out... And for that split 2nd I had butter fingers and dropped it down the gap between the seats....

Luckily it was wedged in something and it didn't melt any of the interior..... :frustrated:

Now I just have it out permanently and put it in a box with the hand book since I am not a smoker...

I have replaced it with a USB cig socket which is much more useful....

alex yates said:
Phil 997 said:
alex yates said:

......and where do I put my sweeties then?

:floor: :floor: With your puppies of course :grin:

You can always fit a dummy plug as in the picture ... i think ive got one kicking about in my tool box .. ill have a look tomorrow .

You can also sand down the tube part of the element to make it easier to remove or just adjust the tabs that hold it in place .. i expect thats probably the reason why its so hard to get out if not used .

If adjusting the tabs you might need to disconnect the battery if you dont have a plastic tool to do it with .

Attachments

• plug_184.jpg
    plug_184.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 5,195

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back