Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 10 year service

rpd1

Hi all

First post, be gentle etc. Great forum btw.

I've recently acquired a 997.2 c2s with 46k on the clock and fPsh. It's due it's 10 year service in the summer so was wondering what this actually entails if I need to ring around a few OPCs.

I appreciate the Indy vs OPC arguments but would like to keep the OPC history up if I can afford it!?!

Thanks in advance

Oly

No idea but welcome and come on! :useless:

(Just go on postimage) add photos, and Copy the forum image tab, paste and boom 💥

:welcome: to 911uk

If your car has a full history it should only be due for a minor service but will also need a brake fluid change.

If you're in the PCGB you'll get discount at an OPC. If not you may also get something off just for asking. £400 all in including vat should be about it.

All OPCs have menu pricing so would give you a firm price up front but these prices do vary. It's worth ringing your nearest two.

Good Luck :thumb:

Wecome to the forum Oly
I am sure other more knowledgeable members with correct me if l have missed something.
I have just had my 997.2 C2S serviced by OPC Mid Sussex. My car is an late October 58 plate with 75K on the clock. It has a full OPC history which l also wanted to continue. They told me that my car was not due for it's next service yet as they recommend every 20K miles between services. Ignoring that l asked them to do a major service any way. It cost £505. They list what is done on their web site so l would check that. Incidentally just checking my service book and my drive belt was changed at 47K also the spark plugs were changed at 53K and 67K. That seems a bit odd so l will check with my OPC to see why.
Cheer Denis

Congrats. I'm also in the same boat as having one of the first Gen 2 cars. I can not believe that my car will be 10 years old :eek:
Get the pics up! :thumb:

Picked up the fixed price servicing booklet at OPC at the weekend.
I'm out of sync with my servicing at 9 years and 57k miles.

They do airbag checks before that in my experience.

Magic919 said:
They do airbag checks before that in my experience.

They do a visual check three times (4, 8 and 10 years) up to 10 years but I thought there was a system check after a decade. Unsure how a visual check tells them anything, they don't remove the panels, seats or steering wheel to check?

They do a system check before that. £60 seems a fair bit to pull a fuse though.

The last one was a year 8 major, but they were certainly mentioning it over three years ago.

Demort
Much appreciated
:thumb:

Guys

Thank you for welcomes and taking the time to reply. It looks like I've dropped on with only a minor and brake fluid.

Sorry but I don't have a clue how to post pictures, I can't even figure out service intervals.......

If it helps, the car is basalt black, manual and brilliant!!!

Cheers

Oly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back