Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

City driving a Manual Turbo compared to a 4S

badbox

I have a Carrera 4S in manual and was wondering how the 997 turbo manual compares in relation to gear ratios for London city driving. Thinking to change my 4S for Gen 1 turbo in maual as I cant reach for a PDK, my question is the 4S is fine in town as the gear ratios are long enough so your not forever changing gears. !st and 2nd is fine for the usual city driving

How much does a Manual turbo differ to a manual 4s :)

2nd and 3rd is all you need in town in the turbo

I don't really see a point swapping to a turbo for city driving.

Not much different for city driving between the two.

Slayer said:

Not much difference between a 911 and a nissan leaf in the city

Slayer said:

Looks and its a Turbo :thumb:

Your correct - my missus EV Leaf does 0 to 30 in 3 sec - ideal for city driving....

For city driving, if you have not already tried one and your budget allows, try a PDK.

What's wrong with a 997.1 Turbo Tiptronic :?:

Its a weekend car for most journeys its dual carriage ways and motorways but I as I live in London theres obviosly some city driving with traffic etc.
I feel with my 4S you need to rev out the range to get some thrills where by the turbo will keep me some torque thrill lower down the range will suits my driving.

Love my 4S I cant knock it espeically with the PSE and I have the valves unplugged from the engine bay sounds gorgeous.....just a little under powered for me and a tiptronic isnt an option for me and PDK slightly out of my price bracket as at mid 70k theres 991's to possibly consider

and for the record my abarth 595 paddle shift was the best city car ever ! the thrills in town are non comparable to anything else in the city... :D

even running down to the local shop was a race!!

T8 said:

:dont know:

T8 said:

Fair point, I enjoyed mine, it does suit the car. That said, PDK is in a different league.

K888ETH said:
T8 said:

Fair point, I enjoyed mine, it does suit the car. That said, PDK is in a different league.

agreed ........... but it's also only available at a totally different price point. :wink:

Yes of course a turbo PDK would be awesome I just cant fetch the extra 20k for one hence a manual it is.. So its not too tiring driving a manual turbo? any vids from anyone

T8 said:
K888ETH said:
T8 said:

agreed ........... but it's also only available at a totally different price point. :wink:
totally agree, yes the pdk is better but then the engine arguably better in the GEN 1! The tip a very capable box and in manual with the better steering wheel it's a hell of a car for the money!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back