Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

front control arm bushes

johne

hi guys I'm trying to fit these myself but ive forgotten that jackos website which may show me how to do it . or if anyone knows of another link that could help me out

johne said:
hi guys I'm trying to fit these myself but ive forgotten that jackos website which may show me how to do it . or if anyone knows of another link that could help me out

Hi,

If your looking for Jackals website here is the link.

The work he carried out on his car was amazing.

ATB :)

http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/

Out of interest - which bushes are you trying to fit?
As I understand it Porsche don't supply them so aftermarket is the only option.

I fitted the Walrod bushes and they come with instructions :thumb:

I'd be interested to know if you felt a difference from old to new and which firmness you opted for?.

Trev

bought them from chris at centre of gravity super pro not to hard

Cameltoe & Heel said:
I'd be interested to know if you felt a difference from old to new and which firmness you opted for?.

Trev

Did you mean me or the OP? Far as I know the Walrods only come in one firmness but a choice of black or red colour.
Certainly felt a difference (but considering the ARB bushes were also changed plus fitted Bilstein coilovers at the same time I would have been pretty disappointed if it felt the same).

I was looking for a more 'planted' feel at high speed and difference is night and day.

They also supply a tool, but I did mine in a vice using a large socket or a bench press if you have access. You can also make your own tool with some threaded bar. The impotant thing when refitting control arms or wishbones is to make sure the arms are at the same angle when torqued up as loaded under rest or you may split the rubber insert. (done that)
Don't like the PU bushes they can squeak and don't work the same way that the originals were intended. I did most myself then Chris Franklin replaced the ones I'd messed up when he did the Geo. He set up both my cars and transformed the handling.

Endoman said:
They also supply a tool, but I did mine in a vice using a large socket or a bench press if you have access. You can also make your own tool with some threaded bar. The impotant thing when refitting control arms or wishbones is to make sure the arms are at the same angle when torqued up as loaded under rest or you may split the rubber insert. (done that)
Don't like the PU bushes they can squeak and don't work the same way that the originals were intended. I did most myself then Chris Franklin replaced the ones I'd messed up when he did the Geo. He set up both my cars and transformed the handling.

+1 on pu bushes, I fitted them to a 5 series BMW and they lasted 6 months then completely distorted out of shape leaving loads of free play, maybe on a lightweight car such as a Porsche they'll last longer though.

The elephant bushes are very popular in the US being firmer rubber than standard so should tighten things up without distorting over time.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back