Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 power steering rack overhaul

72911E

The leak on my power steering rack is getting worse and looks like it will need to be dropped and over hauled

Anyone had theirs done? On exchange basis?

Cheers
Derek

Western power steering in Bristol.
£200 and if my memory is correct that includes courier. Send them your rack and you get yours overhauled inc new seals. They're on eBay also.
And it's quite a fast service.

72911E said:
The leak on my power steering rack is getting worse and looks like it will need to be dropped and over hauled

Anyone had theirs done? On exchange basis?

Cheers
Derek

Here you go, I did mine back in 2016, all the info you need if you want to tackle it yourself.

Good luck.

ATB :)

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=109895

Is there anything else worth replacing while 'in there' ? Presume steering rack bushes while you have access.

Anything else?

Btw - Hans thanks for your PM, just saw it the other day.

Cheers
Derek

If you have 18" wheels maybe think about the steering rack brace. Though you don't need to remove the rack to fit that.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back