Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brewer slags off Ed China on Youtube

GARY S

I have just watched a clip on YouTube taken by a member of the public at a car meeting last year. Mike Brewer is assassinating Ed China over his decision not to continue on Wheeler Dealers. He always was a was a "Spiv" but has now shown himself to be a real low life. While initially Brewer was the shows "star", it was China's mechanical skills that made the show for the last 13 years. I haven't watched the new series and won't be doing so. I can imagine it will now be a staged managed clone of a show like "Car SOS" with that awful Tim Shaw or with the 3 stooges on"Goblin Works". I wouldn't put it past them to have several minutes of footage of Brewer & the new man going out to get tattoo's or piercings in one episode. Lets just hope China comes back strong with a proper car show soon.

Whatever you think of Brewer you are missing out on the new show ,I also thought without Ed it would be doomed but the new guy Ant is very good .
In fact I would say better as he hasn't got the woe is me attitude about the task ahead that Ed had .If you want to see Mike Brewer very uncomfortable see below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xjbvz-vE2E

Id actually stopped watching Wheeler Dealers once they seemed to move to america and changed the format. Was a shame as I have watched it from the very early days.

But since I liked Ant on that other car restoration show he did I thought id give it a go after Ed left and its actually pretty good. He`s an established mechanic who knows his stuff and comes over as quite a good presenter.

I saw Edd at Beaulieu last summer, and he was very funny: Mike Brewer on the other hand just rubs me up the wrong way.

There is no shortage of car shows on the TV anymore. Some better / funnier than others... for example, you've got to love the showmanship of Gas Monkey, even if it isn't "real".

But my favourites are Moog and Marty from Mighty Cars Mods on YouTube. So much more down to earth, and they've built it all themselves, no big budget TV channels supporting them. Just some great builds. :grin:

Going slightly OT, but my favourites for a car work/fabrication videos by a mile are the guys from Bad Obsession Motorsport with Project Binky. Now that is a serious project. If you haven't seen it, put the kettle on and look it up.

MC

I like Ant, I like Edd. That mockney leather faced twat can FRO.

:worship: :worship:

Wheeler Dealers

"In fact I would say better as he hasn't got the woe is me attitude about the task ahead that Ed had."

...and with Ant we don't get so much 'kinda' and 'sorta' when describing what he's doing.

Mr Brewer, May your groin be infested with the fleas of 1,000 camels!
a comment from youtube :grin:

' I really want 5k cash and it's worth every penny"

Then deals at £4.2k and nearly wets himself with excitement

The wheeler dealer cost calculator is also clearly needing some new batteries .....or someone who can actually count the true costs.

:grin:

If you google Ants previous exploits he's a bit of a boys own hero. He's packed a lot into life so far...
I'd feel as though I was betraying Eds memory by watching though :grin: Mike Brewer WAFC.

Much as I liked Ed, throughout the last series that he did there was no ambiguity about how clearly he didn't want to be there. Meanwhile, Ant has the enthusiasm for the job that Ed seemed to have lost somewhere along the way. If Ed does a show of his own I will surely tune in, but as far as Wheeler Dealers is concerned I have been enjoying the current run in much the same way as the older series and the switch to Ant has not in itself damaged the show as far as I am concerned.

I am still irked that it now airs in the US several months before Europe though.

I watched a couple of the new ones and it doesn't do nothing for me, also its American cars...

They can keep it :(

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back