Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''m back in a 911!!!.. 996 C2 project begins.

kas750

This is my new project car!
It's a 1998 C2 coupe tip with 90,000 miles and a good history.
It was bought by the previous owner in November last year and at the beginning of December he was nudged from behind whilst waiting in traffic damaging the rear bumper cover.
The upshot was that it was categorised as a cat n for minor cosmetic damage and as part of the payout he bought back the salvage and I have bought it from him.
It's in good running order with everything working well and sits on a 2000 mile old mo30 suspension kit so it's a tight as a drum to drive.
I am going to carry out a service and do the repairs and hopefully get the old girl gleaming.
The best part is that because it is still damaged I can document every part of the repair.
Not everyone likes a project but I love em. :thumbs:

[/list]

All the sensible people LOVE a good project, and this looks like one. No wonder there are not many early 996s around, us lot are buying them all :)

MC

Congrats Kas750 8)

:thumbs: Ade.

That car already looks far too nice to be considered 'a project' by your standards.

Is the plan to make it 'pristine and standard' or are you going to go for mods. :?:

Either way, have fun. :thumb:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A new old 996 member! Well done Ady, our Jake's gonna 5h1t when I tell him.

:bow: :bow: :boogie: :boogie: :bow: :bow:

Cannot believe that was written off for that!

Actually I just looked up the price for a new PU :eek:

£1130 + VAT and then theres Porsche paintshop prices. But still.....surprised the seller didn't just fix it themselves.

Hopefully the metal bits and parts behind have escaped unscathed? I guess the assessor (if they even came out to look) was afraid of engine and metalwork damage.

Either way an eye on eBay and breakers for a PU in the right colour and you are laughing.

Ade - gotta ask - how much did you pay for her...??

Great project. I bet you can get a second hand bumper that you can paint for a fraction of that price youve been quoted

Osh

Interesting reading about the new categories:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...-new-insurance-write-off-categories-explained

Previous C / D was based purely on financials rather than level of damage. C being total claim exceeding the value of the car and D being claim exceeds certain % of the value of the car.

Now S refers to structural and N non structural damage which will give buyers much more piece of mind when the seller sys "it was just a bumper mate" and they see the N on the history.

The plan is to recommission the car to my standards along with a couple of discreet mods.
Update shortly.

With the rear pu removed it was clear that the damage was superficial with slight deformation of one bumper bar crush tube which did exactly what it should do and prevented any energy from being transferred to the chassis
:thumb:

Cracking buy there Kas ;)
Here is a rear bumper for under £200.
Good luck with the project

ELA said:
Cracking buy there Kas ;)
Here is a rear bumper for under £200.
Good luck with the project
I've got a plan but thanks for the link. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads