Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

North West mobile body shop review

Alex

At the back end of last year I was parking my car at the front of my house and like an idiot scuffed my rear passenger wing on the wall. There's a mobile car body repair bloke who comes to the unit next to mine to do work for a local prestige and sports car dealer. I've had a nosey at his work before and it's always looked bob on and the lads I normally use have hung up their guns and gone into alloy wheel refurbing. So thought I'd use this opportunity to give him a go and see what he's like.

Well, what can I say - the job looks amazing. I can't even tell what he's done! I called him up last week and booked him in. He came round to my place of work at the time agreed and did the job on site. His van's fully loaded with compressor, heat lamps and guns and all the stuff required to do a proper job. Price was good too - 3 figures but right at the lower end of that spectrum, i.e. began with a 1.

I also quizzed him about not baking the lacquer, etc. in a proper oven as friend had done these 'smart repairs' and everytime a bird pooped on it, it ate into the lacquer. He ensured me that wouldn't happen with mine as he uses inhibitors in the lacquer so it sets as hard as when done in an oven.

He's based in Leigh near Wigan but covers most of the North West. As well as doing mobile he also has his own bodyshop. I know there's a few local lads who'll want this sort of service at some point so here's his website:

https://www.rapidfinish.co.uk/

& FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/rapidfinish

I'll deffo be using him again when I want some bodywork doing.

Here's the before photo. Scuff needed filling, priming, spraying and lacquering. Blended into the rest of the rear bumper and wing but I can't tell where at all:

ZltW413.jpg

and after shots:

pQWdkhm.jpg

0yKUyC6.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back