Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S Suspension refresh- final stage opinions

Jonesey

Hi all,

Last year I had all arms and links replaced in the first stage of a suspension refresh. My 4s has 87k on it and it's time for the final stage- dampers/arbs

I use my car mainly for fast road and euro road trips so am aiming for compliance as well as control. Having read stacks of threads and watching videos there seems to be a couple of options for me depending on decided investment:

Bilstein B6's - circa £900 plus fitting and Geo or the Ohlins DHV's at £2400 + fitting.

I can't find any direct comparisons or opinions- does anybody have any views here? I'm leaning Ohlins route despite cost, given the level of control accompanied with compliance- If be very interested to read any real-world experiences here.

Secondly, is ARB upgrade something I should be considering alongside a damper/coilover upgrade? what are people's thoughts/experiences here?

Many thanks

Check my post if you like 'Setting up a 996 C4S" I just overhauled coils and other underpinnings. The Eibachs perform spot on for me. My suspension was fine so we didn't change the stock M030 units. Make sure you get a good alignment that dialls the car up for performance. It makes a huge difference. I posted my settings if you're interested.
Will follow you to see what you end up doing...

Pcq said:
Check my post if you like 'Setting up a 996 C4S" I just overhauled coils and other underpinnings. The Eibachs perform spot on for me. My suspension was fine so we didn't change the stock M030 units. Make sure you get a good alignment that dialls the car up for performance. It makes a huge difference. I posted my settings if you're interested.
Will follow you to see what you end up doing...

Link to post?

Hi.

I've done something similar to the op on my 996.2 C2.
Changed the coffin arms, tuning fork arms and track rod ends.

This weekend I will be fitting H&R anti roll bars and bushes as well as Bilstein B8 dampers with designtek springs.

I'll let you know the results.

Have a read of this months 911 & PW. One of their writers has done exactly what you have on a C2.

Settled on Ohlins.

plynchy said:
Have a read of this months 911 & PW. One of their writers has done exactly what you have on a C2.

Settled on Ohlins.

It's the Feb 2018 you want (March is out now)

Yes, apparently this gives a much better ride although I was very impressed with the ride in Dammit's car with the standard Ohlins springs.

I must admit, their spring-rates look a bit high to me, as standard.

maldren said:
plynchy said:

Settled on Ohlins.

It's the Feb 2018 you want (March is out now)

:eek: Have I been at work that long? :?:

APL911 said:
Hi.

I've done something similar to the op on my 996.2 C2.
Changed the coffin arms, tuning fork arms and track rod ends.

This weekend I will be fitting H&R anti roll bars and bushes as well as Bilstein B8 dampers with designtek springs.

I'll let you know the results.

That's great- thanks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back