Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spare Wheel Insert Foam

jond58

Nurburgring
Have had a look on ebay?!?!? And tried to search Design 911. Other than OPC does anyone know if the foam insert that houses the jack is available as a separate item anywhere?? I don't need the toolkit, jack or spare wheel just the foam insert part. Thanks

I think it's probably the same as the Boxster, I had a spare but sold it with a spare jack. Try the car breakers, they may well be happy to sell it separately.

Few sets on eBay. Was just trying to save having an extra jack! My jack is in a cloth bag, not sure if this is how they come or if it's just come like that with age but it came out the other day and was making a distracting rattling noise. I'm guessing it's probably academic slightly anyway as where would I put the 18 inch rear wheel if I had to take it off??

steve r said:
Fastlane said:
Or you can go the lightweight option and get rid of the spare completely and replace it tyre sealant and this Porsche part for €90:

http://www.carnewal.com/products/996/p96100/Trunk-Organizer

Any idea what the Porsche part number is for this and does it fit C2 cars or just C4 chassis cars?

Thanks

It's listed under 996 GT3 accessories as part number 996 721 163 90, and also under 996TT and GT2 so it must fit all types of 996. Your OPC will be able to confirm no doubt though.

They are all based on C4 chassis's so it might not fit a C2.

Carnewal advertise it for the 986 too - that was never 4 wheel drive. As I said, your OPC will be able to confirm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back