Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New to the GT3 club...

Turbojim997

Evening Chaps,

Should be picking up a 996 mk1 GT3 this week for track duties, couldn't quite stretch to a club sport sadly but does have tequipment cage fitted from new (according to receipts) also has GT2 front brakes and Alcon discs (fitted by OPC from Early life). I have my own seat to go in from my turbo, would loving original units but too much for me when I already have a comfy bucket, to go in.

Masses of receipts for work done over the years so fingers crossed minimal issues should arise.

Just thought I would check in and also is there any recommendations/must haves for the mk1's other than regular fluid changes and lots of tyres :thumbs:

She will never be a garage queen and can't wait to get first track day book!

ragpicker said:
Sounds utterly fabulous!

Any pics? Even from the seller if you haven't picked her up yet?

Well I haven't but it was just featured in EVO magazine for new v old feature. Aston Parrott has some shots on his instagram.

I will get some up as soon as I get my grubby mits on her!

Turbojim997 said:
Evening Chaps,

Should be picking up a 996 mk1 GT3 this week for track duties, couldn't quite stretch to a club sport sadly but does have tequipment cage fitted from new (according to receipts) also has GT2 front brakes and Alcon discs (fitted by OPC from Early life). I have my own seat to go in from my turbo, would loving original units but too much for me when I already have a comfy bucket, to go in.

Masses of receipts for work done over the years so fingers crossed minimal issues should arise.

Just thought I would check in and also is there any recommendations/must haves for the mk1's other than regular fluid changes and lots of tyres :thumbs:

She will never be a garage queen and can't wait to get first track day book!

Congrats, did you buy the Speed Yellow car ?

Yep wanted something subtle :D

Superb stuff,,,,,CONGRATS

Jim cant wait to see it mate, when do you pick it up ,
has the turbo gone or its the gt3 aswell :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Jim cant wait to see it mate, when do you pick it up ,
has the turbo gone or its the gt3 aswell :thumb:

Some point next week, bloody work getting in the way :frustrated:

Turbo is staying..... unless the wife is reading this then the one I like least will be sold in due course....... due course being when I die...... which again if she is reading this could be soon......

What a fantastic combo, same engine at their core but everything else so different, what a fascinating prospect, hope you post your experiences. A mk1 with uprated brakes, what's not to like :thumb:

Excellent, good work and welcome to the club! Whereabouts are you based?

I am down in Poole, Dorset shire. Land of the motorway free county. Which sounds great until you actually have to get somewhere 😂

Turbojim997 said:
I am down in Poole, Dorset shire. Land of the motorway free county. Which sounds great until you actually have to get somewhere 😂

I have followed you Jim a few times you dont actually drive like you know there are no motorways down here :floor: :floor: :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive:

Turbojim997 said:
ragpicker said:
Sounds utterly fabulous!

Any pics? Even from the seller if you haven't picked her up yet?

Well I haven't but it was just featured in EVO magazine for new v old feature. Aston Parrott has some shots on his instagram.

I will get some up as soon as I get my grubby mits on her!

These © Aston Parrott

Attachments

• bf253e07_9578_40b8_9d94_b7859a6628e9_539.jpeg
    bf253e07_9578_40b8_9d94_b7859a6628e9_539.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 8,275
  • 17b83700_6746_4862_ad2d_45d6fac4944d_403.jpeg
    17b83700_6746_4862_ad2d_45d6fac4944d_403.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 8,274
  • f3966e69_dc11_4349_b5aa_350af0cbe894_123.jpeg
    f3966e69_dc11_4349_b5aa_350af0cbe894_123.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 8,274
Cracking news Jim. Congratulations. Looking forward to the pictures (EDIT - your pictures) and stories :thumbs:

Top find on the photos literally cannot wait to start getting some adventures under its belt!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back