Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello, I just bought my first 911

louisiana95

Hi

I have been lurking on this forum for a while, reading all about 997 ownership, which has been very enjoyable, and hugely informative.

Anyways, armed with this information I bought a 54 plate Carrera 2S this week, in Cobalt Blue. She's a tiptronic, Sports Chromo, PCM, black leather & a few other options. She has done 100k miles (I know!), but has a great history, and perhaps most importantly, she's had the full fat, £11k Hartech engine rebuild 6000 miles ago.

I bought the car privately from a lady less than 5 miles from where I live in Wilmslow.

I've not seen many about in this colour, although there is another one kicking around Wilmslow, but I love it. I suspect it might divide opinion! Hopefully I have managed to upload the picture.

Its the first really fast car I've owned, so I've been very light on the throttle in the damp weather, but I have blasted up the A34 a few times, and bloody hell, she's lively! Not sure what to expect in terms of running costs, but for now just enjoying finally being an owner.

Anyway, thanks for accepting me onto the forum. I am sure I'll have loads of questions, but for now, just wanted to say hello.

Cheers

M

Attachments

• porsche_jpg_186.jpg
    porsche_jpg_186.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,760
Hi and Welcome!
Congrats on the car, looks lovely and to have the Hartech rebuild, well you can sleep easy. I'm also in Wilmslow and will keep an eye out for you :thumb:
If you're free on Sat morning, why not pop up to the following as there are a number of us around here. Would be great to meet a fellow 911 owner and forum member.
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=125080
Bulls Head @ 10:30am . Hopefully you can make it

Welcome to the forum , and 911 ownership love the car and now completely bullet proof .
Let me be the first to tell you BLUE is the new black and a great colour choice Cobalt is unusual and was the predecessor to Aqua. I look forward to hearing more as you get into ownership , you have found the best place to get all the advise and info you will need re these cars . have a look at the meets section and get out and about and enjoy the car. there are regular meets around the south and North and big meets like Simply Porsche in the new forest or if you fancy a run across Europe there are a few in 2018 Dinslaken Porsche fest being the one I am heading for with 30/40 or so others from the forum and 2000 911s from around Europe. :thumb: :thumb:

Welcome!

Nice shade of blue you have there :)

That engine rebuild will stand you in good stead I'm sure

Cheshire, eh? I think that there is a Latte and Prosecco meet happening there soon....

:)

Mike

PS - nice car!

Welcome to a forum. Your car looks lovely, I'm a big fan of blues. Enjoy it

:D :D :D :D

mikeluke said:
Cheshire, eh? I think that there is a Latte and Prosecco meet happening there soon....

Not when I get there it won't be!

They call me Bass......'cos I lower the tone :grin:

Nice car, lovely colour, welcome to 911 ownership. Im sure there is no shortage of 911s in Wilmslow!

:welcome: to the Forum.

Health to enjoy your new car. It is gorgeous. :)

Great choice L95. As stated above, Hartech invoices for engine work is a massive plus.
Enjoy the forum and your handsome motor.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back