Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Auto Stop

911_AS

What is / are the exact criteria for the Auto Stop to function? It works on my car, however, I cannot figure out what conditions need to be in place for it to operate.

On my car, sometimes it works and shuts the engine down just fine, but other times the symbol on the dash comes on and the engine continues to run. :?:

Ambient temperature,engine temperature and battery charge level all affect the stop start function.
The details should be in your handbook. :thumb:

Unfortunatly the battery charge rate has to be something like 80 % or higher or it wont work.

The symbol is to tell you not all the criterior have been met for it to operate.

Porsche can check with a tester and actually tell you why it didnt work for the last 10 times or so .. actually so can i and i expect many indys .

Didn't realise the Battery played such a significant part in the Stop/Start. Thanks for the advice guys.

Completely useless when aircon is on during hot seasons as it will turn on itself after like 10 seconds of idling.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back