Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Annoying heater fan fault keeps returning

g6yog

My 991 Gen. 1 has suffered with a jammed heater fan a number of times, which was finally replaced when the car was 3 years old (it makes the car impossible to drive with a misted up windscreen). However the problem has now returned again and my OFC has unjammed it a couple of times in the last few months. Apparently it is not now "Porsche" policy to replace it but just to unjam - but it has happened again and I am getting annoyed that it has not been replaced. Has anyone else suffered with this issue or I am just unlucky?

If you have warrenty which it sounds like then complain its been unjammed several times but keeps failing and that if its not replaced you will be contacting customer services.

Or indeed just phone them .. it keeps jamming .. its unacceptable and you want it replaced .. throw in Mercs dont do this as an insult while your at it :)

The fans made of chocolate , Porsche have replaced more than a few and now seem to be trying to keep warrenty costs down .. sigh .

Never had a failure as such in almost 4 years.

However, in cold weather the amount of heat coming into the car can only be described as minimal (even on a high temperature setting). Been fobbed off twice now by the service department telling me that "they all do that sir". :what:

Clearly they don't all do that. My 991.1 CS2 throws out plenty of hot air without issue. Don't let them fob you off with that. Which OPC?

I'm having the same issue
Problem is evident when the car is left a few days
and means it's unusable in cold weather.
OPC advised replacement is permitted if it jams
again . I would probably get Porsche assistance
To recover the the car to OPC just to ensure the
Fan didn't in jam on the 40 mile trip to my nearest
OPC

I've just had a heater problem. About 3 weeks ago, the fan stopped working and everything misted up. So, off to the OPC who ran some sort of diagnostic and ran a fix that involved running the motor backwards which unjammed it. Exit a happy customer - until a couple of days later when the thing jammed again. And then unjammed itself after about 20 minutes driving. This behavior repeated intermittently over the next few days

So an unhappy customer returns to the OPC and the SA asks 'is it working now?' Sod's law intervenes and the damned thing *is* working today! So the SA purses his lips and says 'Well we can only fix it if it is actually *not* working'. At this point I am getting ready for an argument - it takes me about 90-120 minutes to get to the OPC and the machine is virtually undrivable without some form of ventilation. But then the SA reads through his fix note (from Porsche) and reads out the symptoms which exactly describe my problem. And the Porsche note say that in this circumstance (intermittent problems, the fan having been unjammed at least once), the OPC *can* replace the defective item without having to see it not working! Whew!

So the situation seems to be that the OPC will try to unjam the fan once and if the problem reoccurs - even it it is intermittent and is working at the time - the OPC will replace.

Well, to be fair to the SA, he was only following the rules.

However, because of the specific wording of the replacement guide, I suspect one or more people previously did take serious issue with the existing policy - and got it changed.

The SA said that the rules were different on an extended warranty as opposed to a factory warranty. I suppose that because the extended warranty is an Insurance product, the insurers are at greater pains to ensure that they aren't stuffed with every trivial fault, which they then have to pay Porsche full price for the parts and the OPC for the labour.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back