Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine cover manual release cable

AslanC2S

Advice wanted.

I removed my near side light to change out for LED's today and found the manual release cable was tucked in behind it for the engine cover.

Is it meant to be routed somewhere else as I can't see it can be accessed without removing the light unit which requires the engine cover to be open anyway......

Just thinking in case of future failure of the electric engine cover release.

Many thanks

Mine is taped down in the light enclosure also but, as you say, this makes little sense.

Thanks Pzero. That was a great write-up by GT4.

Following on from that It would make sense, it seems, to have the rear positioned cable as accessible as it can be albeit contained within the light fitting. IE not taped up as this may hinder the fiddly extraction process?

Some models and they are fitted behind the heat sheilds on the PU ..

A bit of a pain to get at .

You can guarantee when ever i have needed to use one its never under the light unit .

pzero said:
Following on from that It would make sense, it seems, to have the rear positioned cable as accessible as it can be albeit contained within the light fitting. IE not taped up as this may hinder the fiddly extraction process?

Indeed. A blob of my favourite chewing gum will replace the too sticky tape :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back