Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can manual steering wheel take tip/ multifunction parts?

stucart

Montreal
Got a triangular air bag wheel that I want to retain, ( for originality)but would like to have a thicker rim wheel so plan is to get another wheel to have recovered etc, I can find manual wheels but mine is Tip and multifunction.
Anyone know if these switches will fit? I.e. has the manual wheel just got blankings instead that can be swapped for the switches and wiring?

What your suggesting won't work I'm afraid for the reason you hint at - the manual wheel doesn't use blanking plates to cover where the selector buttons would be, its actually a solid panel to the rear of the wheel.

You can switch the multifunction panel on the 997.1 wheel between wheels, but you will need to buy a tip wheel for the gear change switching.

Thanks Monster. that sort of makes sense, I need a Tip wheel but it doesn't necessarily have to be multifunction as I can fit my switches in place of blanking pieces, but you cant fit Tip switches as the wheels are different.
Silvermilnec, id seen that wheel on the Bay, ideally id like one with a black airbag as well cos mines Red , what are you thinking of possibly selling??
pm me a pic if possible???

stucart said:
Thanks Monster. that sort of makes sense, I need a Tip wheel but it doesn't necessarily have to be multifunction as I can fit my switches in place of blanking pieces, but you cant fit Tip switches as the wheels are different.
Silvermilnec, id seen that wheel on the Bay, ideally id like one with a black airbag as well cos mines Red , what are you thinking of possibly selling??
pm me a pic if possible???

Will do :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back