Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S wheel spacers, please make it simple !

AlanPM

Silverstone
Hi, I just need to know the easiest route to fill my arches using wheel spacers, any suggestions ?

AlanPM said:
Hi, I just need to know the easiest route to fill my arches using wheel spacers, any suggestions ?

Easiest? Or best?

Easiest would be bolt through spacers with longer bolts

Best would be bolt on hubcentric spacers with studs and nuts (rear). Hubcentric front with stud/nut kit

H&R or similar would be best

I went 7mm front, 15mm rear. Others have gone anything up to 15mm all-round but personally I don't like the front wheels chocked out too much

Tyres can make a difference as well. My new PS2's have a much more pronounced side wall than my old tyres which seems to have enhanced the stance

The accepted norm seems to be 7mm front and 15mm rear make sure you buy hubcentric and if your struggling to find 7mm with hub spiggots have a look at Porscheshop as they have thrm with spiggots down to 3mm :thumb:

you will hear lots of differing opinions and thats as some want to minimise and gravel rash on the rear arch some have differing tyre side profiles than others and also lowering springs pull in the top camber so you need different again.

Thanks, I was hoping you might get back. Did your choice have much to do with the RUF springs, which I presume lowered you a bit anyway. Thinking 15 all round but not lowered might be a good start?

Steve997 said:
Apart from aesthetics what's the advantage to fitting spacers?

Steve the stance is the main reason guys do it , but a slightly wider track is not a bad thing re handling :thumb:

AlanPM said:
Thanks, I was hoping you might get back. Did your choice have much to do with the RUF springs, which I presume lowered you a bit anyway. Thinking 15 all round but not lowered might be a good start?

I got the Ruf spacers because I was getting the springs anyway and they posted all together. I will say that with spacers fitted you don't really need to lower - they kind of reduce arch gap enough to give the right effect.

The Ruf spacers are excellent quality but I found it a nightmare getting hold of them! H&R would be my next preference or take Phil's advice above.

I wouldn't go 15mm front as I think it changes the steering geo too much and doesn't look good but that's my own personal opinion :thumb:

15mm hubcentric"s all round on mine...
My theory was it kept the F&R track width ratio the same :dont know:

Looks wise... 15mm on the rear is about perfect. The front anything between 6mm -15mm IMHO

Thanks guys, H&R 7 and 15mm it is the. Any experience of Larkspeed as a supplier or other suggestions?
:thumbs:

AlanPM said:
Thanks guys, H&R 7 and 15mm it is the. Any experience of Larkspeed as a supplier or other suggestions?

Alan check the H&R 7MM have hub spigots very often the add pic shows a generic spacer and in the small pring somewhere under spec or similar it says they dont have centreing. 7mm shim is the max without a spigot and really doesnt leave much you may well have no issue but Personally I would look first at the porsche shop ones with spigots :thumb:but your call at the end of the day :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
AlanPM said:

Alan check the H&R 7MM have hub spigots very often the add pic shows a generic spacer and in the small pring somewhere under spec or similar it says they dont have centreing. 7mm shim is the max without a spigot and really doesnt leave much you may well have no issue but Personally I would look first at the porsche shop ones with spigots :thumb:but your call at the end of the day :thumb:

The H&R 7mm spacers do not have the centre to hub spigots. However I haven't heard of vibration issues with these spacers plus stock wheels.

Mine developed a bad vibration on the front which I assumed was the fault of adding spacers however new tyres spun up totally eliminated it thankfully.

I would agree that the spacers you already suggested with the spigots would probs be a safer bet though :thumb:

AlanPM said:

I got the H&R stud kit for the front hubs. Matches if you get bolt on rears and I think is much better than using longer bolts through wheel & spacer :thumb:

C4-STORM said:
AlanPM said:

I got the H&R stud kit for the front hubs. Matches if you get bolt on rears and I think is much better than using longer bolts through wheel & spacer :thumb:

maybe the stud kit is the answer if you want to use H&R :thumb:

Thread revival!

Does anyone have any pics of their cars with the H&R spacers fitted?

Also does the geo need to be re-done?

I presume the spacers are not big enough to adversely effect wheel bearing wear?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back