Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

gear cable snapped..again!

jolyonmcd

Quick question..is the gear cable a weakness on the 997. I have owned a 2006 3.6 cabriolet for over four years. Two weeks after buying it the gear cable snapped. I live in France but the car was bought in the UK and covered by warranty. It was repaired locally. On Saturday it went again! Reading about the marque pre-purchase didn't see any concerns about gear cables.

Its off to the local indie on Monday to be repaired again! Incidentally I love the car, have had few problems and it is regularly serviced. Oh meant to mention it is the perfect colour combination - black and full red leather interior :thumbs: :thumbs:

yes they are its quite a common problem, i have had a set go on me luckily only 10 miles from home while in third gear so i could limp home just about. There aftermarket cables available that you could use if you want to try and stop this happening again.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back