Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Viewing my 1st 997 later today

mate, at that price I would try and stretch to a higher miles gen 2 model...much better spec and fewer engine issues.

Car looks an absolute minter. Only thing I would be botheredcabout would be the condition of the bores and would want evidence they're not scored. It's a lot of dosh to be handing over and up at turbo money.

Looks a nice example in red. Don't know anything about the dealer. :thumbs:

shabs said:
mate, at that price I would try and stretch to a higher miles gen 2 model...much better spec and fewer engine issues.

+1.

Lovely car but in my opinion is strong money. You could pick up a lovely Gen 2 car with that money. I got my gen 2 at 19k and it's just clicked over 41k and it drives exactly the same as it did when I bought it.
You'll get the more modern PCM and facelift looks, along with the newer DFI engine.
To me that car is an early £30k car.

Thanks Chaps, i know its strong money, i'll go in with my eyes open :thumbs:

In the current market I'm not too sure it is that overpriced.

Low mileage cars always command a big premium and that aerokit adds a lot of £££'s.

It looks like a great example and if you're prepared to take on the chin the immediate depreciation that the dealer selling premium will give and what putting miles on it will cause then fair enough.

Good luck :thumb:

alex yates said:
Car looks an absolute minter. Only thing I would be botheredcabout would be the condition of the bores and would want evidence they're not scored. It's a lot of dosh to be handing over and up at turbo money.

"turbo money" in 2015 but not today. Totally agree with your other comments though.

Sorry, meant getting up towards turbo money. Was hung over in bed when I wrote it :grin: :thumb:

Stunning looking car in great condition with very low miles which IMO is not ideal as these cars are supposed to be driven and not garage queens and 2000 miles PA is very low , nice alum stering wheel and aerokit but other than that its missing bose , sport chrono , heated seats . IMO its an early 30k maybe 33k car :thumb: as others have said a 2009/10 gen2 with ave miles would be that sort of money :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Stunning looking car in great condition with very low miles which IMO is not ideal as these cars are supposed to be driven and not garage queens and 2000 miles PA is very low , nice alum stering wheel and aerokit but other than that its missing bose , sport chrono , heated seats . IMO its an early 30k maybe 33k car :thumb: as others have said a 2009/10 gen2 C2S with ave miles would be that sort of money :thumb:
but if you really want a wide body and the budget it 40k then thats really a very nice car as a gen2 4S would be closer to 50k with ave miles and 55/60k with very low miles

That's a hell of a nice car :grin:

Very very nice car.

I've seen some tidy 4s 997.1 cars for 35k but the one you are viewing has less miles and younger also, so depends how much your happy to pay I guess.

You could get in a gen2 cars as others say but not a 4s gen2 with 23k on the clock.

So I wanted a Guards Red with Aerokit, and this car was on my list, but I ended bumping up the budget and going Turbo.

From my research the money seems right due to the spec, but more importantly it's low mileage, and low mileage equals premium price right now.
I guess people are looking to make 'investments' rather than just a car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back