Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is there an acknowledgment system??

Millsy71

Silverstone
Humour me :D :D

so being a newbie to the 911 world can i ask do we have a dedicated hierarchy acknowledgment in place?

Am i allowed to Wave/Flash at a 991 or do i have to be flashed at first? Would they just smile and think"your engine is going to die"

Do i have to initiate the flash with a 996 driver,(can i ignore him cos he has daft headlights :?: )his being older and can i smile knowing is engine will die before mine

What about 993/964? am i allowed to even associate with the "waterless"brigade or would they even notice me,will they all be staring at the mileometers creeping up :eek:

Boxsters!!! i was always told they were pretend Porsches

And ive no idea with the SUV brigade

What if i flash at a 991 heading towards me and it turns out to be a Panamera, he'll have no idea what im doing :oops:

Your humorous,Sarcastic and downright degrading comments will all be of help.

Maybe we can start a system :floor:

My Boxster S is a better and faster drive on an A road than my 997 C2S
pretend Porsche I am not so sure :)

I dont own a Porsche .. i road test many .. i wave at other Porsches .. sometimes acknoledged sometimes not .. dont bother me .. its just nice to acknoledge other drivers of these cars .. the model makes no difference IMHO .

Im sure some of them smile though :D

So here is the unofficial answer
Wave at all 997 and 996 whatever they are most 996 and 997 drivers will wave back as these are mostly now in the hands of enthusiasts.
half wave at 991s as most are still owned by the stuffy suit who's too busy with the turd smell under his nose to wave back the exception to this is GT models as they are owned by enthusiasts.
SUVs most are women in the school run bus and dont actually know what they are driving its just what hubby gave them they never wave. the few enthusiasts in SUVs will usually wave first . The half SUV mecan is an old persons car and they can hardy see you coming towards them they never wave as they might spill the flask of tea.
75% of aircooled 911s will wave but most only if you wave first.
cute girls in boxters or caymans get a wave and men in the same get a nod unless they wave first.

I have mastered the wave that can instantly in a single movement turn into a "flip the bird " should I not get the desired response.

So Personally I wave at all 911s and cute girls driving anything and all GT cars
I dont wave at SUVs unless they wave first
I nod at boxters and cayman and panemeras

So finally the funny story.
Driving to Dinslaken Germany to the Porschefest last year with KJD as navigator, its a German bank holiday weekend and lots of German 911s on the country, forest roads
I am waveing at them all with no responce , finally I say to KJD they are not very sociable the German 911 owners , to which KJD says to me :phil have you looked at your wave and we are driving a car with UK plates" so I put my hand up in my usual wave mmmmmm I say to KJD "Ah it does somewhat resemble a Nazi salute doesnt it" bloody funny moment. :grin: :grin: :grin:

I always wave and flash my lights to other Porsche owners when I see them, sometimes other classic/prestige cars too :thumbs:

I even flashed a Skoda Octavia from behind on the A444 the other day, he responded by putting on his " Blues and Two`s " :sad:

Luckily we both saw the funny side of it and he just tore me a new one :grin:

I look down upon 911 drivers when I'm in my half SUV Macan and I look up to SUV drivers when I'm in my girlie 911

hoping that is humorous,Sarcastic and downright degrading enough for you all. :worship: :worship: :worship:

When I'm in a 911 I only wave at beetle drivers , they always grin and wave back :p

Attachments

• 85b07661_a033_4bd4_a8aa_d61bbf2fd649_154.jpeg
    85b07661_a033_4bd4_a8aa_d61bbf2fd649_154.jpeg
    837.9 KB · Views: 3,682
Rickenbacker said:
I look down upon 911 drivers when I'm in my half SUV Macan and I look up to SUV drivers when I'm in my girlie 911

hoping that is humorous,Sarcastic and downright degrading enough for you all. :worship: :worship: :worship:

:floor: :floor: a great take on an equally great sketch :grin: :thumb:

Rockunrolla said:
When I'm in a 911 I only wave at beetle drivers , they always grin and wave back :p

Dave do you also have the mandatory flower in the pot on the dash :grin: :grin: when we talked wrap and graphics for your car am I now assuming that beetles graphics is your chosen path :floor: you might get away with it down here with us soft southerners but not sure how well it would go down in the ccccold norf :thumb:

Rickenbacker said:

And Clever!!!! :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
...half wave at 991s as most are still owned by the stuffy suit who's too busy with the turd smell under his nose to wave back

Oi! :D

I often wave at other Porsches but most of the time I'm blanked. Maybe they're shocked at a 991 owner waving :mrgreen:

I remember doing a PEC day and obviously as there were so many Porsche's there I didn't bother waving. As I left I was driving along the perimeter road a Cayenne driver waved and I didn't have a chance to wave back. As we passed I saw the driver was Richard Attwood. I thought 'Bollocks, he must think I'm a stuffy suit with a turd smell under my nose". I was gutted because I am an enthusiast - promise! :floor:

Cameo said:
Phil 997 said:
...half wave at 991s as most are still owned by the stuffy suit who's too busy with the turd smell under his nose to wave back

Oi! :D

I often wave at other Porsches but most of the time I'm blanked. Maybe they're shocked at a 991 owner waving :mrgreen:

I remember doing a PEC day and obviously as there were so many Porsche's there I didn't bother waving. As I left I was driving along the perimeter road a Cayenne driver waved and I didn't have a chance to wave back. As we passed I saw the driver was Richard Attwood. I thought 'Bollocks, he must think I'm a stuffy suit with a turd smell under my nose". I was gutted because I am an enthusiast - promise! :floor:

Mate you are the opposite and break the rule as you actually have a GTS and have debadged it for a steath look :thumb: and as its a 991 GT car it does get a wave from me :bye: :bye: Richard told me that some bloke with a red 991 who lives in the Forest had a turd smell going on :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

I wave at all Porsche's I see on the road, I am an enthusiast first and foremost..

Some look away some don't, shame, sometimes it feels like a class thing, and it shouldn't :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back