Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

price of a clutch !!!

pancobalt

My clutch is by no means knackered yet but i believe its best practice to research prices first before repairs become urgent desperate and expensive.

Anyway my provisional hasty findings conclude ..997.1 2005 c2s

for a clutch kit comprising of pressure plate , clutch disc and release bearing

genuine porsche £715 inc vat

sachs £408 inc vat

wtf - is porsche tax really that much ?

Anyone know please who makes the genuine porsche clutch kit ?

What is the typical labour rate for a clutch replacement at an indy and opc ?

Thank you for help

go with the Porsche kit, its £300 more but worth it.

probably a grand to fit min

I expect OPC to charge 6-7 hours. Labour rates seem to vary and my usual is about £180.

Palladium said:

Whats the thinking that the OEM Porsche unit is 'worth it'?

Personally on my previous car I had a Sachs clutch fitted and there was nothing to say in driving or feel wise that it was inferior at all.

Put over 20k miles on it and it was perfect throughout.

(I'm pretty sure that Sachs is the OEM manufacturer. But happy to be corrected).

Get the Sachs clutch.

I'm living a few minutes away from Schweinfurt. This is where ZF is manufacturing clutches and a lot of more automotive stuff.

I strongly believe, you cannot see any difference between OEM and Sachs - beside a logo :wink:

Thomas

The Sachs kit is £361 on CP4L using their discount code.

weebz said:
Palladium said:

Whats the thinking that the OEM Porsche unit is 'worth it'?

Personally on my previous car I had a Sachs clutch fitted and there was nothing to say in driving or feel wise that it was inferior at all.

Put over 20k miles on it and it was perfect throughout.

(I'm pretty sure that Sachs is the OEM manufacturer. But happy to be corrected).

i am going by my experience of some aftermarket items i have had over the years, but not a clutch, i think something as important as this should be oem,

but you asked a question seeking an opinion, when all the time you knew the answer, as you had bought a sachs clutch kit before and you were very happy with it, your knowledge on the question was far greater than my real life clutch experience to give you a better answer. :dont know:

I had Sachs fitted 5 years ago it's been as good as gold my indy suggested that this was a good option as it came with a bullet proof warranty :thumb:

I also had a new Sachs clutch 2 years ago and its been fine. Only comment I would make is it is slightly wiffy if your holding it on a hill, but I suppose that could be said by any clutch.

Just had a quick Google Fichter & Sachs manufacture clutch's for Porsche
so at a guess the one in a Porsche box is most likely a Sachs unit +Porsche Tax :frustrated:

i recently had my ht leads changed and the garage said he spent 30 years using a particular brand and now they are made somewhere else they are not the same quality,

are the sachs clutchs made in Germany?, are the Porsche ones made in Germany?

alex yates said:
The Sachs kit is £361 on CP4L using their discount code.

Sachs are OEM across many Marques and I would be going down this route. I have had a few fitted over the years (across both my Daily drivers and sports cars) and have always been happy.

CP4L price looks like a winner.

Just spoken to my indy and when he fits a boxed Porsche clutch its a Sachs stamped clutch plate and he's certain that Sachs are the OE part just the outer box that is different and 400 quid more of course
So I guess you pays your money and makes your choice on this one :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back