Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ceramic coating ???

Rockunrolla

Has anyone had this done , popular one seems to be ceramic pro 9H ,,

ive watched you tube vids and it seems easy enough to apply your self but wondered is it worth it or just a gimic

:?:

Rockunrolla said:

ive watched you tube vids and it seems easy enough to apply your self but wondered is it worth it or just a gimic

Dave i have heard very mixed reviews of ceramic coating some love it others say it goes dull and you cant get a deep shine too it one guy down here paid to have it removed he thought it was so bad. I think if you want show shine and regularly detail the car you really cannot beat that, if you want to weekly wash it and clean is good enough then the ceramic coating I am sure will make that easier and keep some type of shine on it . personally I would never use ceramic coating and am happy getting mine regularly detailled and mopped twice a year :thumb:

thanks phil :thumb:

Ps , just noticed you have a new car since last speaks ,,

looks absolutely awesome mate :thumbs:

Are you looking to coat the car yourself or have it professionally done ?

Myself :?:

Wow! Superb collection of cars that you have!👍👍

Rockunrolla said:
thanks phil :thumb:

Ps , just noticed you have a new car since last speaks ,,

looks absolutely awesome mate :thumbs:

Thanks Dave, yes the acid green monster now has a new home after a spontaneous purchase of the new one after falling for it when I only actually popped into the dealer for coffee and a catch up :grin: but it had my name all over it :floor: its no Orange Lambo but it is nice and loud :thumb:

Rockunrolla said:

I had this professionally done to mine. Everything I read before having it done said it had to be fully valeted first to remove imperfections, swirls etc otherwise it sealed all these in. It's now been 3 months since having it done and for me it was money well spent. A good foam and hand wash, it comes up gleaming. A little photo of it just nearing completion and mines an 06.

Attachments

• ba7d4dbd_4dc5_42c1_9f7d_4722f43315a5_115.jpeg
    ba7d4dbd_4dc5_42c1_9f7d_4722f43315a5_115.jpeg
    903.9 KB · Views: 10,014
The finished car.

Attachments

• f233c3a4_f612_4a20_8377_d7c312048e0a_325.jpeg
    f233c3a4_f612_4a20_8377_d7c312048e0a_325.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10,006
  • 11c8f764_b95a_4ebe_9135_3fe874b41cab_131.jpeg
    11c8f764_b95a_4ebe_9135_3fe874b41cab_131.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10,006
Can I ask what you paid , I've been quoted £1200 !!
Or it's £200 to buy the stuff and do it myself

When I was looking that price seemed to be around the going rate. Some were nearly double that. I didn't have everything done I was quoted and settled for a single stage polish/paint correction with a single ceramic layer. I paid £775.

And how have you found it since , They say you don't really need to wash the car anymore just hose it down and it gleams ???

You still need to wash it however it's no longer a scrub wash if you get my meaning. Jet wash thoroughly, foam, jet wash rinse, then clean microfiber cloth dry is all I do now.

I've found it great for me as mine needed the paint correction doing. So the ceramic on top has bought me some time before I need to respray stone chips etc. Given your cars I cannot imagine they will need what mine required.

Looking at my receipt I had it done at the beginning of October so approaching 4 months. It still beads water (when I get caught out in the rain) and it appears to be holding up well.

I got a 2stage machine polish and gtechniq c1 & exo applied by my (non-gtechniq-accredited) detailer for £500 18months ago. Still crazy beading and very quick to wash.

I had my previous 997 detailed and protected using Modesta Ceramic (glass) coating.
The detailer (Magic Detail, Altrincham) started with an 'enhancement' (single stage) correction (typically removing approx 2-3 microns of clearcoat (5%) He mentioned a full paint correction (3 stage) removes up to 15% of the clearcoat, that would worry me, and only necessary on poor paintwork.
I was told Modesta is one of the best and the longest lasting available. Not sure if that is true, but it was a terrific job and water just ran of the vehicle, meaning washing was very simple.
The enhancement detail was 350 notes with the modesta another 175 on top :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back