Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Please recommend me a polish...

Robertb

Yas Marina
I'm looking for something that I can apply with my DA polisher, to gently correct a good finish on my seal grey 4S, just the usual light swirls from washing. I like the idea of the polishes where the particles reduce in size/intensity to refine the finish as you polish (unless that is snake oil). Don't like chalky dust everywhere.

I would go claybar=>?polish=>Zymol HD Cleanse=>Zymol wax

Cheers for any ideas

:thumb:

Only previously used Zaino Polish via hand not DA machine & really impressed. I tend to use Gtechniq gear these days but haven't used their polish. Have heard very good results with Scholl Concepts for the DA.

Out of interest how do you find Zymol wax? Haven't used it in years & didn't manage to get a decent shine - but then it was my first attempt at detailing. Collected new Cayenne yesterday & considering whether I go decent wax route or Gtechniq coating. Have had the coating applied professionally previously & was very impressed.

I used Gtechniq P1 to correct the paint on my car.
It is not a diminishing polish and the degree of 'cut' is controlled by the choice of pad.
Very clean and easy to use with a DA. I just added a quick spray of water now and again, not too much or it flings about.

Overall very easy with a DA. I'd be scared to let loose with a rotary & wool mop but Gt recommend this for more serious cutting power.

Her name is Eva, hope that helps :grin: :grin: sorry I couldnt resist :thumb:

Attachments

• polishchicks_135.jpg
    polishchicks_135.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 7,138
Andrew911 said:

Out of interest how do you find Zymol wax? Haven't used it in years & didn't manage to get a decent shine -

I've always been very impressed but its about the preparation. Some magic happens with the HD Cleanse, but the clay bar is also an important step for getting that dipped in glass look.

I have two of their waxes, the Ital glaze and Concours.

They last a long time and can be layered up... actually waxing the car does not take long and is oddly therapeutic, though your Missus will think you've lost it as you melt and massage it on by hand!

I'm intrigued by the GTechniq stuff, may look into that.

@Phil... :D 8)

Phil 997 said:

Got that Friday feeling, Phil?

mikeluke said:
Phil 997 said:

Got that Friday feeling, Phil?

:grin: :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Made me think that there has to be a really bad pun out there based on

Polishing the Porsche.....

I recommend Menzerna compounds.....some of the best in the world and actually used by most German car manufacturers in the factory.

I used to sell it retail but decided due to other commitments to knock it on the head.....I still have some here new and unused if you want to buy a bottle a lot cheaper to try? Menzerna offer lots of different grades so you can be as gentle as you like.👍🏻

mikeluke said:
Made me think that there has to be a really bad pun out there based on

Polishing the Porsche.....

:floor: :floor: hadnt thought of that. very good :grin: :thumb:

I second the 3M polishes. The colour system they have for grading them along with the relevant pad is excellent too. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back