Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2015 GTS or newer 2016 3 ltr car ?

4ndy

Afternoon All,

My first post after reading this website for a while, most mornings...

my dilemma, i'm looking to get another Porsche maybe this year, defo next year.
i'm torn between a 2015 GTS 3.8 N/A or the newer 3 Ltr 4S model ??

i really can't decide, my head says newer model but my heart says the N/A car.

any feedback to sway my mind appreciated !!

Cheers :thumbs:

Hi, welcome to the forum. Have you had test drives in them both?

MC

Hi MC

i have driven the 3.8 car but not the new 3Ltr car yet, called my local Porsche dealer and to be honest the woman i spoke to was really not very helpful at all,so when i get time i will go to another Porsche centre in the area.
im sure when i do get a test drive that may be a deciding factor ?
i do however prefer the look of the new car,

I can only imagine both are brilliant. Drive them both, then buy the N/A. Since when has buying a 911 been a decision you make with your head....

Nice dilemma, your decision, id only look at the future, an old Zingari in 10 years time saying 'last of the Naturally Aspirtaed'...
Lets be honest the 3.0 is a better car in every way, thats progress, however for the enthusiast? N/A :food: :food: :food: :Dance-Tap: :Dance-Tap:

I'd say you need to pretty much ignore what advice everyone has, there is only one person's opinion that matters and that's you.

Both cars are superb and only you can decide which you like best so drive them back to back if you can, days or weeks between drives makes it harder.

It's a happy dilemma to have - enjoy the decision making process and go with what makes you happy!

:yeah:
I'd go with what your ears, arse and heart says after a drive in both. Preferably back to back.
Either way you end up with an amazing car.
First world problems are great! :thumbs:

4ndy said:
Afternoon All,

My first post after reading this website for a while, most mornings...

my dilemma, i'm looking to get another Porsche maybe this year, defo next year.
i'm torn between a 2015 GTS 3.8 N/A or the newer 3 Ltr 4S model ??

i really can't decide, my head says newer model but my heart says the N/A car.

any feedback to sway my mind appreciated !!

Cheers :thumbs:

I changed from a 2015 4GTS 991.1 to a 2GTS 991.2, and will not change. It is slightly quieter but still sounds good, inside and outside. It has the RWS and PDCC as additional options. In my opinion, I will not revert.

Gen 1 :thumb:

I drove a gen 2 4s and a Gen 1 GTS back to back. Very difficult to tell the difference in performance and if I am honest I preferred the GTS as it felt sharper (as you would expect). The 4s felt a little vague at the front by comparison and when I say vague the difference was minuscule but I still noticed it. I also videoed the two together revving and the Gen 1 car sounded marginally richer and authentic in sound were as the Gen 2 car sounded a bit manufactured.
Other things I noticed were that the gear shift seems slightly quicker in the new car but I prefer the old paddles. I prefer the old steering wheel as the new one looks too fussy to me.
Strangely the Gen 1 car looks bigger at the rear and I can only put this down to the cutaways and exhaust positioning on the later cars (which I prefer) giving the illusion of less mass.
I have the same dilemma and i'm still none the wiser. Head says go for the Gen 1 car as the gen 2 car will have more depreciation to suffer than say a 15 plate gen 1 car.

I had a 991.1 C4s for 3 years and now have a 991.2 C4 GTS.

I would say go for the GTS. I prefer the Gen2 for pretty much everything bar the engine sound, but I would take a GTS over a C4s regardless of Gen. They feel more special.

PS - I drove a Gen 1 GTS about 3 months after my factory specced C4s arrived and despite it being a demo with very few of the features that I had previously considered 'essential' I nearly did a swap right there and then!

So when the Gen 2 GTS came out I was a shoe in for one... until they confirmed it would be the 3.0TT. A couple of sessions at PEC at Silverstone convinced me that I could live the the 3.0TT in GTS spec. The same lump (in essence) in the Gen 2 Cs left me cold.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back