Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wires for reverse & handbrake?

Halcyon

I'm shortly going to have a go fitting a new Double-DIN Pioneer unit - SPH-DA230DAB
I need to hook it up to the reverse signal and the parking brake signal (hand-brake) on my Tip

anyone done this? is it easy / hard? anyone know which wires i need to get at and where they are?

Many thanks :)

Anybody? :(

I've spent the evening moving the A/C control panel down - that was a bloomin faff...
The Connects2 double DIN trim and cage should be here tomorrow

Meanwhile...Is there a good cubby box that would replace the CD storage thing?

Last try...

it seems that there is a reversing signal wire under the seat for the auto dipping mirror. It's black with a blue stripe?
I've only found info on US sites and they describe it being under the drivers seat, can I presume that on mine that will be the passenger seat?
Does anyone know what box this wire comes out of? A photograph maybe?

And I think I'm going to have to splice into the handbrake switch... anyone know the most accessible place to splice into that?

I have got the wiring diagram somewhere, send me a PM with your email address and I will dig out what I can tomorrow.

MC

MisterCorn said:
I have got the wiring diagram somewhere, send me a PM with your email address and I will dig out what I can tomorrow.

MC

You got a PM :thumb:

ok, I don't need the handbrake signal - if you earth the signal wire on the head-unit, it's happy :dont know:

I'd be interested to know if the black/blue wire works out. My Becker would like a reverse signal but I've never got around to doing it.

Aghh ok , found your post after the PM you sent .

If memory seats then pin A12 bk/bu (black/blue) wire under both front seats is one place .

Anti dazzle mirror is another and again the same colour .. actually this is the wire colour for this system so anywhere you find it will probably do .

Couple of images below of the wiring and no i have no idea where the bridge plug is :(

I can only tell you the wires .. i cant say if its correct for what you want .. as i dont know what you want :D

Basically whats the function of what you are going to connect to this .

Attachments

• mirror_1_161.jpg
    mirror_1_161.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 3,426
  • reverse_1_962.jpg
    reverse_1_962.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 3,426
Thanks Demort!

Sorry for the delay in responding - yes, you are right, it's the signal wire for a stereo head unit to let it know that the car is in reverse.
I've read in a couple of places where people had had success attaching the head unit reverse sensor wire to the blue/black cable that signals the anti-dazzle mirror.
I *thought* this would be the simplest place to hook into it as I assumed this wire would be under the seats (wrong, by the look of it! lol)

So either seat should have this wire IF they are memory seats? Hmm, I think mine are just electric, not memory, so it looks like the only option is to remove the passenger seat and see what's there (if anything!)

I'll let you know how I get on :)

As you can see from the diagram the blue/black wire is joined so any connection point on that wire will do .

If you dont have memory seats then you wont have the control unit under the seats it goes to .. ie you wont find that wire under either seat as i understand the diagram anyways .

It may well still be in the wireing harness but thats a lot of cutting it open just to check .

best bet atm seem to be the wires going to the mirror .. from memory they will go up the n/s A post so under the trim there .. probably quickest to pull the interior light and see if you can find the wire there .

Awwww just had a thought if you have got standard park assist then the control unit is under the passenger seat .. as per the diagram that also has the wire going to it .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back