Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help needed now

noel993

Silverstone
Hi just been driving for 10 minutes and my 996 c4s engine light came on saying check, then it started to lose spluttering as if it was going to loose power, if Park up on the side of the road, does anyone think what it could be please, thanks Noel, its saying now check engine go to work shop

Faulty coil pack.

Although could be a numerous amount of things. When did you last use your car and how often is it used? Does it live outside?

Use it most days but only going a few miles in it and for the last 6 months I've had it out side in all weathers,

Do you not have a code reader on you?

Personally, I'd make sure nothing was spewing on the floor, no oil in your water reservoir, oil level on dipstick and if oil ok, crank it up.......but that's me.

noel993 said:
Im only 3 miles from home do you think I should drive it

See above.

Can you not call breakdown assistance?.....why risk driving it!!

...at least get it towed to a garage you use/trust and let them tell you its nothing major!!

Demort will be writing a post on what to do as you read this.

Demort said:
Basic checks .. any oil or water leaking underneath ..

Any noises ..

Does the engine feel lumpy ..

Ok sod it ill pm you my number ..

:worship: :worship:

Demort said:
Sent .. you have untill 9pm to phone me :)

This message will self destruct in 5 seconds....... :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back