Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New tyres with 2012 datecode

K9SKO

Hi Guys,
Some advise please - Just bought a pair of 295's P zero's N2's from tyreleader.co.uk and the datecode on the tyres is 2012.
Is the ago an issue ?
Sine these are new, can they sell such old manufactured tyres ?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sko

That's not good. I would be sending them straight back or asking for a voucher from them to significantly reduce the bill on your next set.

Knowing Tyre leader they put in the advert DOT 2012, so check, hence they where cheap !!

there is nothing in the advert stating DOT 2012 hence why I was under the impression that these will be current production so was expecting 2017 or at least 2016 datecode.

If they were 'cheap' and going to be worn out in the next year or two, Id keep them.

If they were full price and no notifications made of the date of manufacture, I'd firmly ask for them to be replaced.

As an aside, I've bought tyres online from various suppliers over the years and never received a tyre more than a year old.

mikeluke said:
https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/pirelli/pzero/295-30-zr19-100y-504531

Assuming these are the tyres - no mention of dates...

Yes, these are what I ordered. As you see, not cheap and no date.

Looking at the search results of Pirellis on tyreleader, they do state the ones that are 2012. So if they haven't on the ones you've bought, I'd be contacting them and finding out how they're going to resolve the issue........good luck though, my previous experience of dealing with tyreleader issue has not been nice.

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres-295-30-19/?m[5]=on&orderby=prix

Thats pretty old considering Porsche state 6 years .

We do get older tyres delivered from time to time .. we send them back

As already said .. if you will burn through them quick then keep .. if not then i would be asking for a replacement somewhat closer than 5-6 years old.

These will not burn through quick as I average 1500 miles a year.
I will contact them. thanks

K9SKO said:
mikeluke said:
https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/pirelli/pzero/295-30-zr19-100y-504531

Assuming these are the tyres - no mention of dates...

Yes, these are what I ordered. As you see, not cheap and no date.

I would be returning them, 6 year old tyres for pretty regular RRP !! but you will be out of pocket probably, this did happen to me, it cost me £65 to return them. They refused to arrange return. Just got my money back and went elsewhere.

I've just realised that 2012 was 6 years ago? :eek: It only feels 3 years ago

Picked up a pair of rear Cups for my car from them last year, dated 2102, but they were £98/each.

Ideal for a track day or 2.

If you ever damage your car the assessor will check date codes.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back