Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DSC what's the difference between the two setting and three

Thefinn

Barcelona
Evening chaps do any of you know what the difference is between the older three setting vs newer two setting DSM unit as I might be able to get my hands on a second hand three setting unit but want to know if there is much difference and if I should pay more for the newer one? Thanks in advance :thumb:

Finn do you mean the DSC pasm upgrade module mate :?:

DSM are a contractor that myself and Finn use on our projects but I certainly would not let them anywhere near a DSC module :wink:

Scholester said:
DSM are a contractor that myself and Finn use on our projects but I certainly would not let them anywhere near a DSC module :wink:

:floor: :floor: :floor: that really made me laugh :thumb:

On the gen1 except the turbo you will need the 3 axis accelerometer unit as well , they are £250 unless the preloved one your looking at already comes with one.
if it does and its cheaper than the DSC on its own new then well worth considering.

Heres an article worth reading it describes the 3 mode one a intuitive but the two mode one telepathic .

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/356419-tpc-s-dsc-quick-review.html

heres an article of the three mode one fitted to a cayman

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/cayman-performance-modifications/p498-tpc-racing-dsc-suspension.html

either option is going to be a big improvement on your existing OE pasm controller.

:thumb:

thanks Phil the one I am looking at comes with the accelerometer as well for about $1000 so about £730 all in. Do you think I should hang on for the newer one though, the reviews of both are good but is the newer one that much better?

Thefinn said:
thanks Phil the one I am looking at comes with the accelerometer as well for about $1000 so about £730 all in. Do you think I should hang on for the newer one though, the reviews of both are good but is the newer one that much better?

Finn will only have restless nights if he takes the decision to fit the inferior product.

Thefinn said:

I havent tried the 3 mode one mate so cant compare really , the two mode one I really like, but £700ish inc the accelerometer is very tempting as you would still need the acceloroteter if you brought the new two mode one ,and then its starting to get quite expensive.

I guess that the fact they modifled the 3 mode to a 2 mode would mean in theory they feel the newer unit is better , but I honestly cant advise you on that :thumb:

Scholester said:
Thefinn said:

Finn will only have restless nights if he takes the decision to fit the inferior product.

:floor: :floor: I know, which was why I was very careful with my answer to him :grin: :grin: I tried to think what I would do £730 for the 3 mode inc accl or £1300 for the new one inc accl. my gut feeling is I personally would spend the extra £500 or wait until a used 2 mode came along which is probably actually what I would do, I was happy to spend the £900 odd in the group buy but dont think I would have spent much more and as luck went picked up a used 2 mode and saved a few hundred quid. :thumb:

Thefinn said:
your both right and I need my sleep, i will hang on for a newer preloved one or you never know the way the Dollar had been heading the price might be more reasonable soon.

I think thats the right call mate, and I might even get some redress on here for NOT encouraging you to spend money on mods :grin: :grin: :grin:

It's the same bit of hardware. The mode change was a firmware update. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back