Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Swaying towards Turbo!😚

BChivs

I have only had my 996 for a fairly short time and I have the bug already.....I have never been one to keep a car long, but I keep looking at Turbos originally just browsing, but the more I look the more I am tempted to part with cash.
This one at 911 Virgin has caught my eye.....anyone know the car or previous owner? Forum member maybe?

http://www.911virgin.com/porscheforsale/1226/996TurboCoupeManual/

Looks very nice really depends though on what you want the car to do for you. At worst go and take a look and then decide. Tom at 911 Virgin you will not meet a better individual to walk your through what you want to do and perhaps take in your car. Good luck buddy.

If it's any help, I looked around that car and its stunning, you won't find better. Also you have the added bonus of unrivalled after sales care from Tom and the team, get it bought!

ditchvisitor said:
If it's any help, I looked around that car and its stunning, you won't find better. Also you have the added bonus of unrivalled after sales care from Tom and the team, get it bought!

Think il give them a call tomorrow and plan to view Friday....it ticks all the boxes!

Looks like a nice spec and fair price! If you drive it you will buy it 😂

Some say they sound crap compared to the NA 911? Is this true?.....are they really that bad?
Did Porsche do a PSE option for the turbo?

BChivs said:
Some say they sound crap compared to the NA 911? Is this true?.....are they really that bad?

They sound great on full boost but still far quieter than a NA car.

On full boost however 'stealth mode' is safest for your licence anyway. :grin:

Porsche didn't do a sports exhaust for the Turbo. You need to go after-market. None come cheap.

BChivs said:

They might sound 'different,quieter' but 'crap' isn't ever really a word I would use to describe a Turbo .....

And the N/ A cars cannot do what the 'Turbo' does...........

Drive it and you will be addicted ....

911TEL said:
They might sound 'different,quieter' but 'crap' isn't ever really a word I would use to describe a Turbo .....

And the N/ A cars cannot do what the 'Turbo' does...........

Drive it and you will be addicted ....

Agreed :thumbs: drive it and be prepared to part with that cash.

Be warned, once you test drive the turbo you're current car might not be enough anymore...

I test drove a turbo, my 996 C2 was never the same again.. it was sold and eventually I purchased a 996 Turbo from 911VIRGIN..

Tom and the rest of the team were great to deal with and even though I had a few issues with the car everything was sorted out without any fuss. I would definitely purchase another car from them..

BChivs said:

I had a mate follow me on his sportsbike, which wasn`t exactly quiet, and he commented how great my car sounded. I can`t say it sounds good from the cabin however. The 996tt will be different again from a 997.2 though I imagine.

Edit : I too like the stealth mode :wink:

BChivs said:

Dont be put off it because of the way the turbo sounds , some like the stealth of just a whoosh and the turbos spooling up , but if thats not enough for you they can be made to sound more NA growly by playing with some aftermarket exhaust options , some are reasonably priced and some mad money but there are options. :thumb: good luck with the viewing

Drive one and see if it's the exhaust note that leaves an impression on you!

I guarantee you tho - if you do test drive one the next thing you'll be doing is some man maths to work out how you are going to buy it.

Once you've gone Turbo there's no going back!

I was told my Gen 1 997 sounded like a souped up hair drier, the cheek of it! So when I got my 997.2 I took off the silencer and stuck a Sharkwerks pipe on! Now it's just plain bad ass!

As for the car, the weathers getting better, the nights are getting lighter so buy it, you will not regret it one bit. By the way the turbos' are pretty bomb proof.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back