Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Picked up my Cayman R

ebmbiker

Good morning folks,

After weeks of agonising over what to replace my 991 C4 GTS with, I plumped for a Cayman R and picked it up yesterday from Harbour Cars in Chichester

https://www.harbourcars.com/used-car-details/Porsche-Cayman-U1769/

5 1/2 hour train trip to get it was worth it :D

Long drive back to Shropshire gave me a chance to get acquainted with it.

First impressions: It's light on it's feet and nimble, bucket seats are more comfortable than the sports seats in the GTS, manual box is sweet and easy shifting, I like the 3 dial dash and the cosy interior.

Only negative of the trip back was how crap halogen headlamps are!

Looks beautiful....enjoy :thumb: :worship:

Congrats on the new car.
Depending in which end if Shropshire you are and fancy a drive out, there are a few guys getting together for a coffee in the North West in a couple of weeks. The details are at the back of this thread
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=125080

Cheers
FZP

FZP said:
Congrats on the new car.
Depending in which end if Shropshire you are and fancy a drive out, there are a few guys getting together for a coffee in the North West in a couple of weeks. The details are at the back of this thread
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=125080

Cheers
FZP

Thanks FZP, I'll bear that in mind 👍

Loved my CR...

Great car, enjoy :thumb:

Lovely looking motor, in great condition. Echo the thoughts on lighting, I near shat myself the first time I drove my Cayman in the dark. Whacked some after market HIDs in, cheap and easy and flew through the MOT. The difference is night and day!

The return of Marty Wild said:
Lovely looking motor, in great condition. Echo the thoughts on lighting, I near shat myself the first time I drove my Cayman in the dark. Whacked some after market HIDs in, cheap and easy and flew through the MOT. The difference is night and day!

Just ordered a 35w kit from HIDS4U. Was going to get a set of Nightbreaker bulbs for the main beam but they don't do H9 fitting

ebmbiker said:
Just ordered a 35w kit from HIDS4U. Was going to get a set of Nightbreaker bulbs for the main beam but they don't do H9 fitting

Let us know how you get on, I bought their LEDs, they are very white but lack penetration. I've since heard that you should not use LEDs in projector bulbs because of the directional light output and I suspect this is correct.

Why did you choose 35W HIDs rather than 50W?

maldren said:
ebmbiker said:

Let us know how you get on, I bought their LEDs, they are very white but lack penetration. I've since heard that you should not use LEDs in projector bulbs because of the directional light output and I suspect this is correct.

Why did you choose 35W HIDs rather than 50W?

I was thinking that come MOT time it would be less obvious I'd fitted HIDS if they are 35 instead of the 55. And 35w are claimed to be 300% brighter than standard which is good enough for me.

I got the HIDS4U 35w kits, work like a dream and swap in and out in under 30 mins no problem!

I was pretty sure I got the Osram NightBreakers for the full beam, maybe your later model has different fitment?

Neighbour down the road was complaining of his lighting too, despite him having Litronics in his 987.1. We put some new Osram HID bulbs in, uprated his fullbeams to Nightbreakers and swapped out his crappy fog lights for some DRLs, he was shocked by the difference.

Been reading further on the latest Philips LEDs, definitely got to upgrade again but I only want to do it once more, let us know how you get on.

thanks

As for sticking 50w kits in, not great for other road users is it! And I figure you might as well try and stay on the right side of the law as much as you can.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alaindelon
Back